Thread: Checking in for July 2013

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for July 2013

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for July 2013

Hi everyone. I have survived the first year anniversary of Koda's death. It had been a long journey of healing with tons of tears and a lot of memories of him. I have come to terms with his passing but still my heart aches terribly for his physical presence in my life. We adopted another Shih Tzu named Casper. He needed a home and we took him into ours. He is so very different than Koda, but I knew that they would have been friends. I took a chance to love another dog. He does not have any serious health issues, but I do know if the day comes where he falls ill, that I can do my best to help him...as I had done for my Koda boy.
    God bless you all on this forum. I do not know what I would have done without your advice, help and support. I hope you are all well. -Theresa-Koda's mom..and now Casper's mom ;-)

I'm so glad you and Casper found each other. I'm sure Koda would have loved him too.
    hugs,
    Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

As difficult as it is to lose a fur-family member, I am so HAPPY that many people choose to take in another pet because there are too many that need loving homes.

It's nice to meet you Casper's mom
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Casper is one lucky pup, I bet Koda is happy for you too!
    Letti and Angel Simba, Meeko too!