Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it normal to feel so much pain? (idiopathic vestibular syndrome)

Default Re: Is it normal to feel so much pain? (idiopathic vestibular syndrome)

Leslie is oh so wise! I'm sure Abby was very uncomfortable at the time. I certainly would be under those circumstances.

I remember when my dad was in the hospital for several days. He was finally able to be wheeled outside in a wheelchair. I brought Buddy to visit him. Normally all over my dad, he was frightened and would not go near him. Might've been the wheelchair, but most likely it was the smells that scared him.

I agree totally with Leslie. Take it slow and easy with Abby. She has had a lot of changes too.

Big hugs to both our girls,
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Great to hear from you Meg!
    So glad that treatment is going well. I'm sure it's a very long and arduous process, but keep at it. Slow and steady wins the race!

I just love Abby's pic - she's adorable, and looks great!!

I'm so sorry about her biting you, though. That's really hard. Did she break skin?
    My old boy Chip (non-cushing's, but other issues) has been more snappy lately, and bit down harder on my today, and has been biting knees if people brush him and he didn't expect it (not breaking skin). Lots can throw them off, and I'm certain that with Abby, the scents of the clinic were the primary cause.

*hugs*
    Samantha

Meg, Abby was probably afraid from slipping etc and her instinct kicked in and she bit you. The walking up to you and then walking away in part might be that she feels really bad about it and senses your uneasiness around her now

It will pass. :-)
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Leslie, Kathy, Sam, Val -- thank you for making me feel so much better about this. I left a message on our home answering machine and my grandma said Abby's tail went crazy when she heard my voice. I feel so relieved. You guys are always right. Abby must have smelled something unfamiliar and mixed with the combination of ice, snow, fear, and pain, her animal instinct kicked in. I will keep telling myself that she loves me and that she's going to make it until I'm back home. It's the only thing that keeps me going. My girl and all my friends.
    Lots of love, Meg

Aww, I'm so glad to hear you received that reassurance from your Grandma
    I know it can be so difficult, when so many things are out of their natural order (you away, Abby not feeling 100%, etc etc), and everything can be unsettling.
    Keep up the great work, Meg! You've got a whole community, across the world, rooting for you and dear Abby (ha, ha ha, no pun intended!!)

Best,
    Samantha, Zanya and crew

Yay for Gramma!!!! It looks like Abby is in pretty good hands. So, you take care of that noggin of yours! That's where your focus needs to be right now.

Big hugs to both our girls,
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Good for your Gramma and good for you! Keep doing what you need to be stronger and we will be right here by your side the whole way, sweetie. Abby will come to understand that it is still her mom under those new smells, you just watch. Your love for her will shine thru and she will know that is real always.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi friends. Quick check in before my next session. Abby has been waking my parents up three times a night again. They are growing very tired of it and last night asked me how much longer they must be subjected to it. Not sure if they mean they want to put her down or if they want me home so I can wake up with her. Either way, it was pretty upsetting. Oh well.

I hope everyone is doing well. I think of you everyday. Just wish I could post more.
    Best wishes and hugs
    -Meghan

Hi sweetie,
    How long are you supposed to be in the facility? Have they given you a discharge date yet?
    I think your parents are hinting and I wonder if Abby got into something she shouldn't have again? Hopefully you'll be home soon!
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Hi Meg,

It's so good to hear from you. It comes down to what we've been talking about all along. Your focus needs to remain on healing that pretty little head of yours. I know how difficult that is when you love someone so much, but Abby's fate is in your parents hands. It has been from the beginning and I don't see that changing.

Abby understands that your time together is limited. She knows how much you love her and no one can take that from her ever. Treasure each precious moment and try not to worry so much about comments that you can do nothing about. When Abby does fly, she will be welcomed by all of our loving fur angels. She will be free of pain and puppy like once more.

Big hugs to both our girls and thanks for checking in,
    Kathy