Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Henry

Default Re: Introducing Henry

It's been beyond hot here recently, and there's not even any respite at the beach, but I've posted a picture of Henry trying to burrow into the cool sand.

It's been hot and humid here too. Molly loves morning and evening walks and tolerates the early evening one just for the bathroom break, then straight back to the house. We don't go far.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Aw he's cute, even when he's so hot.

smart dog; lying on the cool sand to survive the heat.
    smart molly too.
    hoping for lower temp. soon for everyone.

Henry looks like a happy and content dog. I looked at other of his photos too. He seems to enjoy getting the most out of life. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdavis View Post
    It's been beyond hot here recently, and there's not even any respite at the beach, but I've posted a picture of Henry trying to burrow into the cool sand.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Henry's a bit under the weather at the moment. We're waiting for a vet's appointment but from various checks and a bit of googling it looks like he's pulled a muscle in his neck. We're trying to keep him quiet and resting (not easy!!) but when he turns suddenly it obviously hurts him as he gives a little cry / whimper.

awwwww...let us know what the vet has to say! I hope he is back to par soon!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh poor Henry. yes let us know what the vet says . It's hard to get that little bundle of pure energy quiet too.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Well he hasn't been to the vets yet, but he has been resting, a bit! and we've tried to ensure he doesn't make any sudden turns / jerks. Yesterday he had one little tiny yelp and so far none today. I'm keeping the vet's appointment at the moment but will re-assess tomorrow as I don't want to take an appointment that someone else could use more.

Sorry to hear about little Henry. I just went through that with Apollo's little brother. I think he hurt either his rear left leg,hip or back. Having dachshunds, you always have to watch. I put an ice pack on th area, gave him doggie aspirin, massaged the area and moved his leg softy, bed rest and later a little heat. I also stretched his neck turned it the other way heard a little pop. I used to watch what the animal chiropractor did. You will know what is best for Henry. I had done accupuncture for Apollo, and chiropractic for Arial. Any injury can be serious. The neck is a difficult area to heal . It sounds Ike Henry is quite the energizer bunny.
    Sonja and Apollo