Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Henry

Default Re: Introducing Henry

glad to hear that henry had a good day and enjoyed his beach walk.
    have you tried just putting him in the back of the car in a covered bench/transporter and just ignore him?
    maybe he is enjoying all the fuzz he is getting from you.
    he sounds like a smart boy.
    how about his houdini tricks? did you find the right harness for him?

We've tried a crate on the back seat and he wasn't happy (shaking) as he does like to look out / around. He's been like this since we got him and I wanted to try to ignore him but OH didn't - guess who takes him out most That said a crate just won't work in the Mustang and we use that for most of the summer drives.
    We're using a similar harness which we attach to his collar with a small collar (looks better than the string I used for a few weeks!). We recently got a buddy belt for him but I've not had a chance to try it.

So glad to hear that the beach trip worked out so well. Henry has always loved the beach!
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

This is good news! Maybe Henry is calming down from whatever bothered him. More trips to the beach!! LOL
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Can't believe how long it's been since I posted about the little chap! Well, he'll be 5 in a few months time, but still behaves like a puppy, not that I expect him to slow down.

And so, it's that time of year again. Henry was absolutely fine in the cars all Summer regardless of who was driving, then just after Christmas I was driving back on the interstate and all the warning lights came on so limped the car home. Next trip out was in OH's car and Henry started shaking when we got onto the interstate and I thought it was after the problem, but no, he's OK with me on the interstate, but not with OH either as a passenger or driving! So if we go out together on the interstate I'm in the passenger seat armed with treats which work as a great distraction. My only worry is that he's now worked out how to get treats in the car!!

ETA: I've added a recent photo in his album
    Last edited by mcdavis; 02-01-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Good to hear from you, Mc!

The car business is very odd but it would seem his dad is the source. LOL I am glad ya'll have worked out a method to help Henry cope...even if he result is he has trained you to give him extra treats.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Have to confess to teasing OH about his driving skills, but he's definitely the better driver given his experience and various courses he's done over the years - just don't tell him I said so!!
    I'm more than happy to do whatever it takes to get Henry to be happy in the car, but he's so food oriented and so clever that I don't want him to think he has to be stressed to get a treat. Maybe I'll have to give him treats in the Summer too, when he's happy - hmmmm, he has got me trained hasn't he

He Is one smart guy that henry. hahahaha Training his peeps right.

It is so weird about how just OH driving makes him freaky. But that just goes to show how little we know about what goes on in their heads sometimes.

Really great to hear from you again. We've had really cold and off and on again snow. Hear we are suppose to get a bit this weekend. I'm not a fan. I like snow at christmas then I'm basically done and ready for one of the other seasons to kick in. hahaha
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Actually just thinking about a recent experience with Henry, and wondering if by any chance anyone else had ever experienced it. Back in October we decided to change Henry's food, and after a lot of research I decided to get him some Victor which was highly rated. When I opened the bag I noticed that it was very dark, almost black. Around 4 days into the transition the fur in the area beneath his tail went very dark. It wasn't itchy or anything, and didn't bother him in any way, but it did look rather unsightly and it got darker as time went on. I wiped the area and a dark sandy substance came off! Oh, the poops were good and solid but I did wonder if it related to the anal glands, but he wasn't scooting or anything?? In addition his eyes started to run and I had to clean black lumps out of them each morning. So we changed the food back and the eyes cleared up immediately, whilst the fur under the tail is gradually getting lighter again. I assume it was an ingredient that didn't agree with him but have no idea what it could have been.

Yeah, sure sounds like something in the food for sure. I have fed Victor's in the past with no issues but that was several years ago. I would check the ingredients in the Victor and compare to his old food to see what the differences are. I hope his tail clears up soon!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.