Thread: Candles for our family

Default Candles for our family

In addition to lighting candles to honor our babies at The Bridge, candles may also be lit to offer support, prayers, well-wishes, and hopes for any pup who is having a tough time. Candles may also be lit to say "Thanks!" for something. You may even light one and leave it blank, the reason staying between you and your candle.

Our candle page is a way for us to honor our babies as well as each other, to remember, to share, a way for our family to grow closer. Here is the link to the candle lighting site:

http://www.gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

Previously, we were able to create a "group" page that was dedicated solely to the candles of our members. Gratefulness.org has recently revised their website, however, and we now need to follow these steps in order to find and view all our members' candles on a single page.

When you first compose a message for your candle, be sure to include either "K9C" or "k9c" somewhere within the body of your message.

At any point in the future, if you want to view candles lit by yourself or other members of our family, type K9C (or k9c) in the search field in the upper right hand side of the candle lighting page.

All candles with messages containing our family's initials will show. It is then possible to open the candles to read the messages.

After opening a candle within the group, use the back arrow to return to the group rather than clicking on "Back to Candles."
    This way you can dip in and out of our family grouping and also quickly see how many candles are lit.
    Last edited by labblab; 06-23-2015 at 04:09 PM. Reason: To add new candle lighting link.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: Candles for our family

Thank you for the link Leslie. I have been wanting to light a candle for Buddy, but didn't know the site's name.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thank you all for the information and the link Leslie. I lit a candle for my sweet Tipper, may she live to be 20.
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Really, Thanks, Patti and Leslie!

OK...I lit one for Squirt too, but it went to her own group.
    Last edited by jxeno13; 06-13-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Hugs, Jo Ann and Eli

"'The more people I meet, the more I love my dog!"

paulawhitcomb Guest

Thank you all for the information and the link Leslie. I learned a new with your post here.

kanga Guest

Thanks for this information.