Page 10 of 154 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy, The Mighty Lizard Hunter - Suspected Pituitary Macro Tumor

Default Re: It's 3:55 AM and haven't slept. Need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Budster's Mom View Post
    Buddy has made vast improvement. .......The only cushing symptom that remains is rear leg weakness........I haven't seen him quite this active in a long time!........Now he is everywhere, right in the middle of everything. It is wonderful!
    I haven't posted to you before and don't get on here as often as I would like, but I have followed your journey. The girls have given you the best information and I could not possibly add to it. I know the target number is around 9.0 (it used to be much lower), but please do not chase numbers just for the number's sake. If Buddy does best in the lower teen numbers, so be it. You have to be the judge of how well he is doing. So far the improvements have been just short of a miracle, and the leg weakness will probably be the hardest to improve, but time and exercise could take care of that. As Marianne said, the numbers could drop a bit still in the next month and that may also help the weakness. But with the improvements so far, I think you have the luxury of waiting for time to tell!
    So congratulations on being the best advocate for Buddy.
    Great Job!
    Hugs~Mary Ann

Hello Mary Ann,
    Thank you so much for following my thread and for your wonderful words of encouragement. Yes, Buddy has been ill. When I took him to the emergency hospital, I really didn't think I was going to be able to bring him back home. He is doing miraculously well. It is due to the divine intervention of the wonderful canine Cushing's angels, and the tough little bugger Buddy is. I have received help and support from this group in a way that I never have before. It warms my heart in a way that I can't even clearly explain. It is people just like you that take your time to pop in and provide answers and words of encouragement. I appreciate it.

Kathy and Buddy

Such great news about Buddy!! So happy he is doing so well and getting back to his usual little self!!

Barbara

NEWSFLASH HOT OFF THE WIRE!!!!!!!!

Buddy's hair is starting to grow back on his stomach. It has been bare since his ultrasound. Another Cushing's symptom bites the dust!!!!

Let us all have a moment of silence for this momentous occasion! Ha!

This is an example of what you have done for me. I went from scared, overwhelmed, frantic and frustrated, to being able to see a little humor in a real tough situation. It is due to all of you. Thank you for EVERYTHING!! Having said that, I can't guarantee that I won't return to those dark places. When I do and probably will, I know where the light shines the brightest!

Kathy and Buddy

Why, I think this is hot news indeed and calls for a group toast

Our drink of choice is usually Chocovino

Keep up the good work

We love great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

WooHoo Buddy!!! You're doing a Great job, Kathy!!!

More good news about Buddy!! So nice to hear! This board has been a life-saver for many, myself included!! Here's to Buddy's good news and good health...I'm toasting with my iced tea!
    Barbara

Whoo hooooo Buddie! I'll toast to that with you!!
    Excellent news.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Go Buddie Go, great job keep improving, you are doing swell!!!
    Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Hi all,
    Once again I probably should know this, but regretfully I don't.
    Where on the dog do they draw blood? As you know, Buddy just had his first ACTH test done a few days ago. Today when I was checking his paws for stickers, I noticed that he had some blood on the bottom of his right rear paw close to the pad. Could that be where they draw the blood from? He has been lizard hunting a lot since he's been feeling better. He could've stepped on something (hopefully not a bee!) or gotten some kind of scrape that way. Thanks,

Kathy and Buddy