Thread: RECALL - EVO, Innova, California Natural, HealthWise, and Karma

Default RECALL - EVO, Innova, California Natural, HealthWise, and Karma

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...g-food-recall/

March 18, 2013 – Natural Pet Products has confirmed it is recalling four of its most popular brands of dry dog food due to possible contamination with Salmonella bacteria.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: RECALL - EVO, Innova, California Natural and HealthWise

Natura now has all the recall info posted on their own website. Here's a link to their recall page. Please note that the expiration dates for the affected products fall between 12-17-13 and 1-2-14. Only certain types of each of the four brands are involved, so if you are a Natura user, you will definitely want to check the specific recalled product list.

http://www.naturapet.com/recall

Expanded recall on Natura feeds -

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...xpands-recall/
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: RECALL - EVO, Innova, California Natural, HealthWise, and Karma

The recall has now expanded to cover ALL dry products with an expiration date prior to March 24, 2014.

http://www.naturapet.com/voluntary_r...April%2019.pdf

Dear Gods...what did they do to those formerly wonderful feeds? P&G should be ashamed.

Hey Leslie, I know I shared your fear when P&G took corporate ownership, but in honesty I don't think there have been any more frequent recalls of the Natura products than there have been of many other quality dogfoods. I've been feeding Peg California Natural for a couple of years now. And honestly, her GI system has done much better than when she was on other high-end products. And I haven't seen any issues whatsoever with bag-to-bag consistency. As soon as they "clear" new manufacturing batches, I will rush out to buy more food for her because she's done so well on it. I honestly don't know what I will do in the meantime because I so much hate to rock the boat with a change.

In this era, I think there are very few manufacturers that haven't experienced recalls. The important thing will be to see whether this becomes a pattern for Natura. If not, then they are in the company of virtually every other dogfood manufacturer in the U.S. these days as far as unfortunately having at least one major recall event.

I agree but it still upsets me that I can no longer recommend these particular feeds in good conscience when I did, and used them myself, for some time. It seems anytime a big corporation buys a feed, the first thing they do is start changing the formulas, formulas that have worked well for a long time. But the bottom line is what is most important to the corporations.

If Peg is doing well on the CN, I would be loath to change it, too....but every time she ate, my gut would be in knots. I am currently worried about the feed Brick has been eating so well for a long time because the company has had some recent recalls on other feeds - not the one he eats, tho. HOWEVER, he has recently developed diarrhea that I am having a hard time getting control over and I will be switching his feed even tho it hasn't been recalled. In my mind, if one type of feed has been contaminated, then the possibility exists for all their feeds to be contaminated. I can't physically be there to see how the feed is handled and processed, and, ya know, tell them when they mess up, so I worry.

Default Re: RECALL - EVO, Innova, California Natural, HealthWise, and Karma

Expanded to include all lots before June 10, 2014

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm357630.htm