Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kallie has passed

Default Kallie has passed

I'm so sorry to tell everyone that Kallie passed away. I just got home from the vet. They found that her lung was filled up with fluid and were going to give her something to get rid of that and antibiotics and send her home. The medicine didn't work and they don't know why. When I went to pick her up they were going to send her home with me. She wasnt much different from this morning, but not worse. As I was sitting there waiting for the vet to come in she got way worse. They were counting on her getting better in the next couple hours. She didn't even hold her head up anymore. She had a very hard time breathing, and the vet said there was no chance for her at that point, so we figured it would be best to put her to sleep so she could stop suffering. They said she would have died on her own really soon.

This past year because of her age and heath related problems I made sure I did not take her for granted, not one day. Cuz I knew that when this happened I could look back at all those memories.

Thank you everyone for all your help the past month. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I will still be around keeping up on everyones stories.

Tammy

Default Re: Kallie has passed

Oh, Tammy....I am so, so sorry to read that your Kallie has passed away. My heart aches for you. I am at an absolute loss for words.

Peace, sweet Kallie.

With deepest sympathy,

Louise

Dear Tammy,
    I am so very sorry for your great loss. No words could ever express how we feel at times like these. I just know Kallie will be watching over you.

John (Roxee's Dad)

Oh Tammy,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Kallie. Although words cannot do anything for the pain you are feeling now, know that we are here for you.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,

Lori

Dear Tammy,

I am so sorry for your loss. I just finished reading your thread and I am at a loss for words as well.
    There is no way to express the depth of one's feelings at a time like this....I wish you peace, comfort, and beautiful memories of your beloved Kallie.

with love,
    Dorothy and Mikey

Tammy,
    None of us own our dogs we just get them for a while on loan but boy do we wish it was longer. I am so sorry it was Kallies time to go. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Godspeed Kallie
    Jenny

Tammy...

I was able to read to keep up this afternoon but not post. I came to see how you made out at the vet and my heart just sank.

I am so very sorry....you did such a wonderful job with Kallie during this whole thing. She was so blessed to have you...as I know you feel about her. You did everything right, everything you could...sometimes, for whatever reason and I am still trying to figure out why , love can't save those we love....and if it could, I know you would.

Kallie will always be with you....deep safe within your heart. That's where I keep my Scoobie. I wish you both peace...and I want you to know that I think you did more than all the right things by her.

Lots of hugs, Beth, Bailey and always Scoobie

Tammy

Sorry, I read your thread earlier and it just hit me hard... I couldn't post. I am so very sorry to hear this. I know this is sudden and certainly has to be hard for you. Please know that we are here for you. When you are up to it, let us know how you are doing. Rest in peace dear Kallie.

Kim

Default Re: Kallie passed away

Thank you all for your kind words. It really helps to read all of your comments. I was so new here and you still show so much compassion. It was just the craziest thing to happen. So unexpected. I had such high hopes for her, with her treatment, doing everything right to make sure it all went well. Then to have something totally different happen just threw me for a loop. When you take (extra) care of a dog going thru a disease it seems you grow more of an attachment because you are with them, seems every moment, when they eat, drink, pee, poop, sleep (poke them to make sure they are breathing, she really hated that, lol), get up in the middle of the night, etc. Wow did my life revolve around her and taking care of her. When my other dog died a few years back it was different, he just wasnt there anymore, which was very sad but this is sooo different, he just needed to be fed and let outside, wanted couple hugs and kisses and for me to throw the ball. I don't know what to do with all this extra time on my hands, emptyiness, feel like I should be doing something, I thought you guys might know what I mean.

I am really doing okay, I have to, my husband had a total meltdown, so I try to be strong for him.

I am now armed with all this knowledge and will help whoever I can. I'm sure I will run across this disease again someday, I know alot of dogs!! Seems fairly common, and I might be able to spot it early and help them.

Thanks all,

Tammy

Tammy,
    I just read your thread and I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I was so caught up in my own nightmare and you were so nice to me. I know you did everything you could. Rest in peace, Kallie...

Much love,
    Gina and Lucy