Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Fraser - our sweet Fraser has crossed The Bridge

Default Re: Introducing Fraser - our sweet Fraser has crossed The Bridge

Oh Naomi,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss of dear Fraser, and my heart is breaking with yours. Loving them is so easy but losing them is so very hard. My thoughts and prayers are with you and sweet Oz. We are here for you, dear Naomi, and we love you.

With Heartfelt Sympathy,
    Lori

Dear Naomi,
    I am so very sorry as my heart breaks with yours. Hold his memories close to your heart as will we.

Rest in Peace Sweet Fraser, tonight you are our newest and brightest star in the sky...
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Dear Naomi,

So sorry to hear Fraser has passed. I am so glad you got to spend that special time with him so you have some happy memories that hopefully will be what you remember after the pain has passed.

Jenny

Naomi HUGS Holding you close in our hearts. You and Oz have each other and of course he has the whole family that I am sure will be rallying around you both.
    I am so sorry that it all came much too soon.
    Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Naomi, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet boy Fraser. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

It's so sad to read the news about Fraser..I'm sorry you have lost your sweet boy.

Barbara
    Last edited by Trixie; 10-01-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Naomi.

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs from across the Tasman.

Angela

I'm so sorry to hear about Fraser. It's an unselfish act to let them have peace, and yet so very hard on us.

Please take some comfort in knowing we all care and share your sorrow.

My heart goes out to you.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Naomi:
    May God bring you comfort as you travel on this sad journey. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's been a very hard few days, to be expected. I took him in on Tuesday (which was by far the hardest thing I have ever done), Wednesday was sort of ok I guess, a few breakdowns but not too bad, but thursday was awful. I had to go back to the vet to finalise Fraser's arrangements, i.e. cremation etc. I spent most of the day in tears, but it was like the final goodbye. Yesterday not too bad, this morning not too bad. I still get teary when thinking of him, but I have to keep up the brave face for Oz too. He gets upset when I do.

Yesterday morning he was obviously missing Fraser. I had to give him a bath to go to the groomers, afterwards I was washing all the bedding, dog blankets etc. That was hard, but I have left one blanket with Fraser smell still on it. Going to be a while before I wash that one I think. Anyway, while I was doing this, Oz was lying on the one spot on my bedroom floor where Fraser always lay. He's done the same in the family room too, was rolling on the floor in that same one spot.

Last time I was at the groomers and booked appointments, I made sure that the rest of his appointments for this financial year are booked in with his cousin Gracie (Fraser's fur wasn't growing any more so hadn't booked him in anyway). Yesterday he apparently demanded to be on the bench next to her (my sister dropped them both off). As soon as he was next to her he was ok. I guess he is feeling all these "firsts" too, that's the hardest part. The first time you do something that would normally include Fraser, that's when you feel it.

I guess it is getting a little easier, I have known this was coming for quite sometime, a week beforehand especially, so in some ways it feels like I have been grieving for him for a while now. I miss him terribly, but I have his photos around on the walls to comfort me, and find myself looking at them heaps. Lots of people say to pack their stuff up and put it away, yet I find that looking at his photos helps me. I had to pack up his toys yesterday (filled 2 archives boxes of them). That was really hard, but I ended up staring at his photo through a lot of it and even managed to throw some away (they were too chewed up and manky to be of any use to anyone). That was hard for Oz too, he took himself outside around the back of the house for a while, but I think getting out yesterday and spending hours with Gracie helped him too.

So I guess Ozzie and I are doing ok for now, considering. As usual, it's just a day at a time. We'll be ok I know, we just have to find our groove again, and only time will help that.
    Naomi, Oscar and Marcie.
    RIP my beautiful Fraser - passed October 1 2013. Original diagnosis Cushing's, but taken from us with rapidly aggressive liver cancer.