Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vetoryl - Best Site for Purchase

Default Re: Vetoryl - Best Site for Purchase

Dont' feel too bad. In Canada here, I paid 129. CAD (exchage rate is close to 1 - 1, so same price US) I think it was for a 30 day, 30mg. Tell me about rip off! It could have been 125.50, but it was definitely in that range.

Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by milosmom View Post
    smartpak...1-800-461-8898.we searched everywhere for the best price.our milo has been on vetoryl since january.we pay 44.95 for 10mg-30 capsules 2 boxes;57.95 for 30mg-30 capsules 2 boxes and shipping is FREE.the are quick kind and curtious.located in plymouth,MA.it actually carries stuff for horses ,but they do have the medication our pups need...good luck...milosmom(patty)
    Is this for the type that can be broken or the type that is dangerous to do so? How do I send this to my message box so I don't lose track of it in case I need to go this route?

Vetoryl is Trilostane - Is that correct?

thanks...so many questions lately... Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I believe Patty is talking about the capsules in her post, and unfortunately they can not be broken up.

Trilostane is the active ingredient in Vetoryl.

If you'd like I can post the url to this Thread on your visitor's message board, just let me know.

Love and hugs,
    Lori

I get Simba's trilo compounded from wedgewood pharmacy, it cost $56.00 for a month supply of once a day 25 mg plus $10 for shipping.
    Letti and Angel Simba, Meeko too!

I have my Veteroyl compounded at a compounding pharmacy near the hospital. I buy 30 mg capsules and have them compounded by folks who actually know how to do it into 10 mg caps. It ends up saving me close to $100 every three months. The compounding pharmacy charges me $45 to compound, which gives me a net savings for 90 capsules. It's ok to compound them but they cannot be liquified, as another pharmacy proposed. My pharmacist has a doctorate in pharmacy, 25 yrs experience and training in compounding techniques. She has the equipment to measure the dosage precisely otherwise I wouldn't do it.

For those who are interested in saving money on compounded meds, there are a few trusted pharmacies that we members use. I found that most are very cooperative and will be happy to give you pricing by phone. I personally have done business with Diamondback Drugs in Arizona for many years and have been very happy with them. However, recently our vet called their sources for best pricing on compounded Ursodiol and Pet Health Pharmacy, also in Arizona, was much cheaper than Diamondback.

You have nothing to lose by shoipping around as long as you are shopping reputable entities. You can find contact information for both pharmacies below. I've also included a link for Roadrunner Pharmacy, also a pharmacy used by members. Hmmm? I just realized that Roadrunner is also in Arizona.

http://www.pethealthpharmacy.com/contact.htm
    http://www.diamondbackdrugs.com/
    http://www.roadrunnerpharmacy.com/contactus.aspx

My Cooper is now on 40mg, so I need to purchase both the 30 and 10mg packages. I too found it on drsfostersandsmith.com and for the 2, I paid $102. Would have also got free shipping, but I rushed the supply and that's what brought the cost a little higher. Much cheaper than the $132 I was paying through the vet.

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    Dont' feel too bad. In Canada here, I paid 129. CAD (exchage rate is close to 1 - 1, so same price US) I think it was for a 30 day, 30mg. Tell me about rip off! It could have been 125.50, but it was definitely in that range.

Sharlene
    Sorry, I still win! Original dose of 60mg, we paid $457.00 for 100 caps from vet, and these were COMPOUNDED!

Since found out from the pharmacy that did them that they are actually only $195.00 - that was just how much markup the vet put on them. (that was the stupid vet). (Since then, the dose changed and I went in yesterday to tell the boss the series of screwup's the stupid vet made, I was refunded for the unused 80 caps and got $400 back. )

Now, 100 10mg caps, $99.00 compounded from the same pharmacy. AUD obviously, but exchange rate pretty close on any given day.

Can't help with any online sources, West Aus law prohibits the import of any vet prescription meds. Purchase through Vet or pharmacy only.
    Naomi, Oscar and Marcie.
    RIP my beautiful Fraser - passed October 1 2013. Original diagnosis Cushing's, but taken from us with rapidly aggressive liver cancer.

Hello to everyone
    I am just new here. My scottie was just diagnosed Atypical Cushing and Vetoryl costs about U$ 300,00 here in Brazil - outrageous!!!
    Trying to find a site that I can buy from here

Question Re: Vetoryl - Best Site for Purchase

Hello all,

This is mostly towards molly muffin about purchase in Canada.
    I have taken a look at the website Petpharmacy,
    and also found universalpetmeds.ca shipping from the UK.

Just wondering what you find to be the best website or option.
    Of course looking for Vetoryl 30mg for our American eskimo/Pom Belina

Thanks in advance.
    Kristin