Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 3670

Thread: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

Default Re: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

How are things going? This week is ultrasound, if i remember correctly! Please let us know how Tipper is doing!
    {{hugs}}
    Terry and Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by Spencersmom View Post
    How are things going? This week is ultrasound, if i remember correctly! Please let us know how Tipper is doing!
    ^^YES!!^^ Please let us know how Tipper's U/S came out. Hugs to you and Tipper. We miss you here.

Keeping you in thought and prayer Patti. I hope all is well with you and Tipper.

Sharon

Patti,
    Thinking of you and Tipper.
    Hope all is well.
    Loving hugs to you both.
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

Tipper's tumor has grown. Patti is trying to find a surgeon. Gall bladder is having issues too from sludge! Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers!
    {{hugs}}
    Terry and Spencer

Hi Patti,

I am going to post here on your thread what I sent you earlier, as someone reading Tippers thread, looking for their own answers to the same questions, might want to know where one goes from this point.
    This is a link about laparoscopic adrenalectomy in dogs.

http://www.avsts.org.uk/sites/avsts....pring_2012.pdf

I understand that using miotane is no guarantee and that it is very risky to proceed to try and kill off the glands.

Do you know if the tumor is secreting? Have you discussed doing an endogenous ACTH, which is suppose to differentiate between which is causing the cushings. If that is possible once trilostane is started, I'm unsure on that point.

I think that you would have to find a surgeon who has done many of these via laparoscopic, find out if Tipper is even a candidate and then what the prognosis is for lifespan if everything goes okay.

The sludge is likely going to have to be addressed first, as that might be a hindrance to any surgery, so are they upping her medication or what for that?

Next I'd ask the IMS, about prognosis if you do nothing. How fast will the tumor continue to grow, what is life prognosis and then you have to consider what you are told about both and evaluate which will give Tipper the best chance for longevity.

I'll be honest Patti, because you already know this, but there is no easy answer here, there are only considerations and choices to be made for what will give Tipper the best chance for a good quality life, however long that may be.

I too worry that molly's tumor will grow and how fast and what to do if that occurs and if her sludge gets any worse. You are just several steps ahead of me on this journey. For now she is good, but no one knows what the future will hold.
    hang in there
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thinking of you and Tipper. We miss you, and hope that you find the right course of treatment for your little bundle of love.

Patti,
    I sent you a visitor's message.
    Hugs
    Vicki-Scoop, Raleigh, Archie and Gus' mom

This thread is closed for any further posting as owner/member is no longer actively posting here.

We Administrators have received some questions as to why Tipper's thread has been closed at this time. Our reasoning is that, due to Patti's decision to leave the forum for the time being, her thread was becoming a source of worrisome unverified speculation as to what is going on with her and Tipper. We know that many people are very concerned about them and want to wish them both the best. But for the protection of Patti's privacy and accuracy of information, we believe that future updates on Tipper's thread need to come from her personally should she choose to return.

In the meantime, all of Tipper's past history and experiences remain available for reading, as always.

Marianne