Page 193 of 367 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 3670

Thread: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

Default Re: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

Mel:
    It was so good to hear from you. I miss you on here. How is Boyce? You must be getting hit with an awful lot of work. I am glad you look in and know what is going on, it makes me feel good that you are watching. Love to you and Boyce
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

My dogs tend to run high hematocrit and hemoglobin normally due to their diet. Jan W.

Hi Jan W

What in their diet causes the high hematocrit and hemoglobin as Teddy has these high too (He has other issues healthwise) But I am interested in this comment.

Many thanks Diana

PS I am NOT hogging Pattis thread, You can PM me if you like.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ACTH Pre 306 / Post 524

Low Dex: Basel 261 ... 4 hours later after supression 20.3 then 8 hours 94

Thyroid T4 22.4
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Teddy Born Aug 06
    Max (Mar 95 - Sept 06) Levi (Mar 97 - Aug 09)

[QUOTE=goldengirl88;126950]Patti you say " I do not want to deal with pancreatitis ever." Who has got that?

Or is it something that can be caused by one of the oils you are talking about ?

Diana x
    ACTH Pre 306 / Post 524

Thyroid T4 22.4
    Teddy Born Aug 06

Diana:
    Yes fat in the diet, which includes oil can cause it in Cush dogs that is why they have to be on a low fat diet. Tipper has never had it, but I see others on here dealing with it, and I know it can be painful in dogs. Tipper has so many little things going on I just don't want to give her fish oil to correct her Triglycerides and have it cause her pancreatitis. I will have to give small amounts only a few days a week. I was cautious with the coconut oil too as it is essentially a fat. I give her small amounts of that also. It seems you have to watch everything you do with these babies, as one thing can lead to another. Tipper is napping right now and I have been trying unsuccessfully to wake her up. I don't want her up at 5:00am!!! The wind is still whipping her and the furnace keeps coming on as the temperature dips. We are looking for more snow tomorrow. WE live in a snow belt and get blasted sometimes. Hope you and Teddy are keeping snuggly and warm. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

I just read an article about fish oil in regards to elevated triglycerides and cholesterol. According to this article - if you know anything about VLDL, LDL, HDL etc. the fish oil will lower triglycerides by breaking down VLDL into LDL which lowers the triglycerides but increases the LDL cholesterol but the LDL is a calculated measurement and by the time you mathematically figure all that out the increase really isn't what you think. I think I understood what they were saying so your cholesterol really isn't elevated much. ???!!!&&&***
    I know probably most of those on this site will gasp when I tell you my dogs are on a raw diet and have been for years. Most dogs on raw diet will have some lab values a little different than non raw diets. The hematocrit and hemoglobin are usually a high end normal or elevated some. Jan W.

I got it Jan! I think so! Thanks for the help in explaining that I am glad for the help with this. I don't want to cause Tipper any more problems by trying to solve one. Thank you. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

I see Patti I didn't know that, will write to you on my own post not hog yours x
    ACTH Pre 306 / Post 524

Thyroid T4 22.4
    Teddy Born Aug 06

Hi Everyone:
    I forgot to put this in my post last week, but the Hawthorne seems to really be helping Tipper. Her blood pressure was 110 last week which is really good, as it has been 130-140. I consider that a real good thing. Tipper was restless last nite. I am not sure if it is an adjustment needed in the meds, or it is something inside her bothering her certain ways she lays. It is hard to determine which. I have been researching for weeks now, and came upon this product that may help someone on here. It is called Azodyl and is to cut down on uremic and toxic buildup in the kidneys, if anyone's baby is having kidney issues you can look into it, I did not research the product itself. I am calling the Dr. to schedule an appointment for this kidney stone. I probably have to go to his office first so he can charge me an office visit, then he will schedule it. I could feel it grinding in my back yesterday. I don't want to leave my dog to do it, but if I have an emergency with it, I will be in more trouble away from her. It is really brisk here and we are expecting snow tonite and tomorrow. Tipper has already walked. I was starting to give her hair a trim yesterday. I had to give her some soy beans to sit for me for a treat. She gets so grumpy, and impatient and wants to snip you. She never did any of this before. Now her fur on her face is crooked as she would not wait for me to straighten it. Oh well she is a work in progress again. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

Sounds like a similar work in progress to Zoe - it is hard to keep their hair even when we are trimming and they dont cooperate.

Freezing weather and snow is about to arrive in good old WI

Patti- I do hope you get the kidney stone straightened out. I worry about you.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hi Everyone:
    I have been researching for quite a while now about Tipper's high Reticulocytes. I am just now wondering if the Trilostane could be causing her problems in her bone marrow, which is making her count high???? Does anyone have any information on this? Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi