Page 196 of 367 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3670

Thread: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

Default Re: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

Glad Hawthorne is working for Tipper - I tried it on myself some time back and it did nothing for me. Maybe I'm not giving myself enough or the right kind. What kind and dose are you giving?
    We have 60 degrees here in Colorado and dry. Need some of that rain. Jan W.

Hi Jan:
    I give Tipper the Glycerine form as Cush dogs are not supposed to have alcohol. They have the kind in alcohol too, they are both human grade, and come from the Poland/Hungary area. I give Tipper a dropper full which equals 1/4 teaspoon once a day. She was running 130- 150 on her blood pressure, not that it is high for a dog. The IMS said she doesn't get concerned until 200 and over! Well I don't happen to believe that so I want Tipper's down low. She went to 110 and 120 now. I would say that is great! I get it from Mountainroseherbs.com and it is certified organic. My cardiologist told me to get the best kind and organic. Hope it helps you. This brand comes from the berries and the leaves of the Hawthorn tree. Envious of your temps. right now, hope you get some rain. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Hi Everyone:
    I am going to ask a stupid question here. I have been thinking and thinking about Tipper's reticulocyte count and she is making too many red blood cells. I am thinking about it when I can't sleep, and this came to me. Lentils help you build red blood cells. Paul Newman's vet told me to cut calories in Tippers food by giving her lentils to replace some of it. She eats lentils at every meal as a replacement for a portion of her dog food, could this be causing this????? OH MY GOD could this be the reason all of this is happening????? Ok I will wait to hear the answers. Thank You all Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

hmm, didn't think of that but yes Lentiles is suggested to increase red blood counts, kidney beans, dark green leafy vegetables, etc. You can look up a whole list of food that are good for that purpose. Maybe you should look for a different fiber that doesn't do that but is low cal and will fill her up.

New project!

Then cut those lentiles back or completely out and see what her next count is and if it starts coming down, you'll know the culprit.

hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Just popping in to say hi...
    Letti and Angel Simba, Meeko too!

When I read your query yesterday, I got me to wondering about Squirt's diet. She gets 191 grams of lentils a week in around 2500 grams of feed per week. The last few labs I looked at for her last night do not indicate an elevation in reticulocytes....but her diet has been carefully and professionally balanced for her. You might want to think about adding a nutritional consultant or Veterinary Nutritionist to Tipper's team. Have you been able to determine if this started rising after adding the lentils to her diet or were they rising before that addition?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Patti,
    Wow...you think the lentils could really be the culprit? I suppose if it is it will be an easy fix.
    I hope you can figure that out...like Sharlene said I guess you can cut them back and see what happens.
    Tipper is such a good girl taking her shots like a champ!! What a sweetie!! Trixie was sniffing around with a super cute Jack Russell today in the park. They are such a great breed...loaded with personality!
    Hope Tipper has a great day today. I think the temps are supposed to moderate a bit in the East so maybe it will be cold but not in the teens and she'll enjoy her outdoor time. Is there still snow for her to play in?

Barbara

Hi Everyone:
    I am in contact with a nutritionist for Tipper as Leslie suggested. Until something is formulated for her I am giving her some Newman's Own and her chicken. This is quite an expensive I can see, because now I have to give her more chicken in place of the lentils, as I cannot give her more dog food as that will just put weight on her, which we are trying to avoid. She has had a good day and walked three times . I think the loss of muscle and her stomach hanging down pulls on her back and her organs and that is what makes her uncomfortable. I was thinking just for walking purposes what if I would slip the top of a support stocking around her, that would help hold her up if that is a good idea. I know not to do it for any other reason as that would weaken what muscle she has left, it is hard on her walking though I can see it. Any ideas or opinions would be great. She is hungrier today and I had to leave her in my room. I knew taking the lentils away would make her hungrier as they are bulky and filled her up. I just have to suck it up and deal with it for now. I did give her some veggies with her food tonite to try and fill her up. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

Mahatma Ghandi

Hi Patti

I am really interested in what I am reading about the Lentils etc
    As for Tipper tummy muscles I wonder if you could get a band made
    to fit her when out walking, a bit like those ones you have in the USA when Potty training (as you call it across the pond) but obviously not to wear it in the same place, like a wide velcro fastening band.

I can see it in my head but don't think I am explaining it too well.

I really hope you get to the bottom of the red cell issue.

Love Diana x
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ACTH Pre 306 / Post 524

Low Dex: Basel 261 ... 4 hours later after supression 20.3 then 8 hours 94

Thyroid T4 22.4
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Teddy Born Aug 06
    Max (Mar 95 - Sept 06) Levi (Mar 97 - Aug 09)

Thanks for the info on the hawthorn - I want some for myself and give it a try again. I used the powder form before and think the organic liquid might be better effective. We'll see - Cinder's blood pressure runs about 140. Hawthorn has a lot of other helpful properties that Cinder may benefit from.
    As far as the lentils - they are fiber and they have greater iron content so it may just cause some changes there in a round about way.
    Jan W.