Page 86 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipper - adrenal tumor/breathing issues

Default Re: Tipper my Jack Russell is having breathing problems

Valerie and Kathy:
    Yes those are the same neighbors that talk behind my back!. Valerie, you do not tell a Jack Russell NO and expect them to listen, as they will get right in your face. They are a breed you do not want to challenge. One time when Tipper was a puppy, she was doing something wrong and would not stop and I got a newspaper and hit it against my leg to make her listen. Never did that again, she came at me with a vengeance, even being a puppy. This breed will not accept you trying to dominate them in any situation.I did not know at the time, you do not challenge them or forcefully try to correct them. She gets going if you even raise your voice at her. With this personality change etc. I know she would bite me if I told her no. If anyone comes in my house and happens to raise their voice- look out she will be after them. There are 3 quirks Jack Russells have. Tipper is especially tuned into these: round objects- she will break them, try to kill them, and will not leave them alone unless destroyed. She is a blast at a party with balloons. She can break over 100 in a minute. She does not like things that are mechanical that make any type of noise. She has killed 2 alarm clocks, and almost landed on top of my kitchen counter when I used a portable electric can opener. Toy cars that run, small radios, cell phones all get her going. Lastly they will attack a dog like a german shepherd without any fear whatsoever, they are a fearless breed. Tipper is a loyal protector so you better not just walk up to me if she does not know you. Sounds funny, but these are some of the things that make her so endearing to me. Si I guess I will just let her be her grumpy self for now. After all I think if I went thru all the things she has, I would probably act worse than she does. With all that being said she had a pretty good nit again last nite. She started into some breathing issues and stopped after a few minutes. It is dark out again so it looks and feels like rain. I can't wait to talk to this Dr. as I want to go over the melatonin with her also and the L Glutamine. I have 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms to houseclean yet. It has never taken me this long. It has been about 3 weeks since I started. I usually do this all in one week, but with Tipper like this I spend time with her and do the cleaning when I can. I did the laundry room yesterday and she sat there with me, and I threw the ball to her in between cleaning. We are about 70% done with the haircut. It looks like I had my eyes closed when I clipped her as some places are long and some short. Oh well it will eventually be all even! I don't care what she looks like as long as I still have her with me. God Bless You all and all your babies.
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

So glad to hear that Patti had a good night. Those count for a lot. It will be interesting to hear what the vet thinks might be going on.
    You're a very good momma to Tipper.
    hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Yay for good nights !!!! I have noticed when it's cloudy, damp, or raining, Tippers breathing at night seems to be better. Is that true? If it is, it could be caused by environmental allergies. Are the windows open at night when you sleep? Buddy always sleeps better when it's rainy or cloudy, because the are is cleaner with less allergens floating around. just a thought.....

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Hi Everyone:
    Well the good nites were short lived. Tipper was struggling again last nite. I hope this Dr. intends on calling me today as I am tired of waiting already. We had a shower this morning and Tipper got her walk in already. I am carrying the phone around so I do not miss the Dr. She said she would call the early part of the week. I hope it is today as I have had it already with this waiting. The lump I found on the inside of Tipper's leg seems to have increased in size. I can feel it, but she won't let me look at it and it is on the inside of her leg. Last nite while she was snoring I got a flashlight and lifted her leg, to look at it. Well she woke up immediately, and looked at me like I was nuts.So much for that idea as I did not get to see it. I am going to have to ask the Dr. on Wednesday when she gets her blood pressure to look at it. Blessings
    Patti
    Tipper and Tipper's Mom

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    Mahatma Ghandi

Sorry the good nights were short lived. Hoping the vet calls today and the vet visit this week brings good news.
    Larry, Angel Scarlett, and Chloe

Too many bad nights already! It is so hard on both of you! I hope the docs come through today and give you a call. I often check little bumps and lumps on Buddy during the night with a flashlight. I even check his gums to see if they're pink when he isn't feeling well. He no longer thinks I'm nuts. He knows I'm nuts!

Hugs,
    Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

We are all a bit nuts.

Tipper is too smart for her own good!

Fingers crossed the vets call today

Big hugs and kisses back from me and Boycie Boy

Mel
    Xxxxx

Hi Patti
    Just wanted to check in and say hello and hope you heard back from the vet.Hope Tipper is having a better day-you are both in my thoughts and hope the vet has some answers for you.
    Patty

Anything from the vet today?

Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Exclamation Re: Tipper my Jack Russell is having breathing problems

Hi Patti, I've been meaning to write you more often, but things around this house are a little hectic, although I keep following all your ups and downs with pretty Tipper.

I had a little bit of time and I will be able to email you some advice on Homeopathics for Tipper to help her with her breathing.

The other thing is about the Glutamine or L-Glutamine, here are the precautions about it from the book "The Dog Cancer survival Guide"

"Glutamine is a potent Supplement and not safe for all dogs. It’s been shown to elevate blood sugar levels in humans, and it could do the same in diabetic dogs, which would mean that insulin needs would rise. Do not use Glutamine or L-Glutamine if your dog has a seizure disorder, or is on anti-seizure medications such as potassium bromide, phenobarbital or gabapentin. Do not use if your dog has brain cancer, because it can feed its growth. Do not use if your dog is lactulose for severe liver disease. Your vet will be able to look at your dog’s entire health profile and help you decide whether glutamine will have any unwanted side effects. He can also adjust doses of other medications if necessary."

Lots of choco kisses from my home to yours.
    Marcela & The Choco Labs
    "Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened"