Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: new to board ~ Kona has passed

Default Re: new to board ~ Kona has passed

Dear Debbie,

I have read your post a couple of times and start sobbing every time. It reminds me so much of my sweet Tasha who's cancer moved to her brain. I knew when she woke up that morning something was wrong, bad wrong, but she seemed to improve the longer she was up - then she seized and big time. I, too, let the vet talk me into an injection and new meds to give at home. They didn't help, she kept seizing. But when we walked into the vet's office she acted so good, as if nothing at all was wrong. It shattered me to see her that way after watching her the days prior and knowing why we were there, knowing what she had been thru.

We did the best we could, Debbie. We wanted to believe the meds would help, that the vets really did know, that our sweet girls could get better even if only for a little while. Kona knows that, too. She knows you always did your utmost for her, always.

Stay in touch and talk to us any time. We understand only too well how you are feeling. I don't think the particulars matter - guilt is just part of the grief process. But don't hold on to it for long, 'k?

Our deepest sympathies,
    Leslie, Trinket, Brick, Sophie, Fox, Redd, and all our Angels

FRIEND

I lost a treasured friend today
    The little dog who used to lay
    Her gentle head upon my knee
    And shared her silent thoughts with me.

She’ll come no longer to my call
    Retrieve no more her favourite ball
    A Voice far greater than my own
    Has called her to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears
    I am thankful for the happy years
    She spent down here with me
    And for her love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go
    And join her there, this much I know
    I shall not fear the transient dark
    For she will greet me with a bark.

~Author Unknown
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

You know how it is Deb. The gut says now is time but the heart never gives up hope and trying to fix. It's a battle and one that many of us have been through.
    If you had gone with your gut would you not wonder if you could have done more? Most go through one or the other if these scenarios no matter what the choice you've made is. . I sometimes think that guilt is always a part of the good bye no matter what. I don't like it but we have seen too often on here that there is no perfect answer or time.
    Big hugs. A good life is a great gift.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I am so so sorry for your loss. I know you'll continue to beat yourself up but we don't have a crystal ball and you loved Kona. At least you were with her and she wasn't alone at the end. hugs, Judi
    Jenny: poodle: Diabetic & Cushings since 2011. RIP 11/10/2014 We love you & miss you