Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Molly has the same reaction to really small dogs. My daughters friend had brought over here mini chi, and I'm pretty sure molly thought it must be a rat or something as she took one sniff and ignored her from there on out. Even though coco wanted to play, molly was just not interested enough to even give a growl like she would to the other coco down the street, a puppy cockerpoo that is just all exuberance and legs all over the place. LOL

I've certainly turned into a klux as I've gotten older. Hubby always says, you know how accident prone you can be. Beats me what he is talking about.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

All I want to say is that I am sooooo very grateful for this forum.
    Koko had his annual wellness blood panel done and I received a phone call from his vet. Well, it is the same practice, I use a few different vets there.

Driving home I kept thinking that we have already been there done that in respect to his slightly elevated creatinine and bun.

Oh to check my memory, if only..... Wait, go check the beginning of this thread. There it all was, all the info I needed, his levels in June 2012, everyone's input and that the following year all was normal.

Knew it all was familiar.

Thank you for that, guys. Can't believe what a life saver that was.

Will tell vet, no thanks on the specific gravity test, been there done that, chalk it up to dehydration and high protein , non kibble diet, thank you.
    Last edited by addy; 06-21-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Glad to hear from you. My sweet warrior sister. Know only to well how you feel. Koko you keep your Mom busy. Went through the same with Ariel. After what we endured with our babies:Zoe and Apollo, we tend to be more hyper sensitive and alert.
    Love Sonja

Hey Addy, How is our Koko Puff doing? Have you taken him on a train ride yet? Has he slimmed down to make the weight requirement?lol

I miss hearing from you. I hope all is rolling along okay.

Hugs,
    Kathy

Hey Kathy,
    Thanks for thinking of us. Koko was a svelt 16 pounds at his physical but we have not had a train ride yet. We have had a few distractions. He had a bit of an increase on his kidney values and the new IDEXX test, we have to retest in three months. He seems fine, drinking a bit more water but he has always done that in the summer and after long walks, not urinating more. He seems just fine and really loves his new condo.Koko wants to walk, walk, walk. I can't keep up with him.

He is so funny, he lays in front of the patio door just hoping for a dog to walk by. If one does, he no longer barks, just runs to me and sits because he knows he was a good boy and will get a treat.

He has a girlfriend named Emily in the next building. Emily lost her brother about the same time we lost Zoe so Emily and Koko both want to be friends as they miss their "sibling".

We also have a Great Dane on the next block that prances like a pony, Koko has no idea what to make of him

So that's our update and summer is flying by. I hope you and Rosie are enjoying it.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Awwww, I'm so glad Koko Puff has a new friend and loves his condo.

Still spunky, happy and raring to go. That's what I like to hear! You rock Koko!!!

Love to hear about Koko's adventures. How cute about reading about his friends. Would make a great children's book.
    Love Sonja, Apollo

Hi Addy! You and Koko are on my mind this morning, so I've set out to track you down ! I can't believe you had dropped down to the third page here...

Surely hoping that all is well, and that Koko is still enjoying his condo life. How is Kate and how is your mom? When you have a chance, we'd love an update on all your doings. You are missed.

Marianne

Hi Marianne,
    Thank you for tracking me down. I have been mia, just a lot going on.

Koko continues to love his new condo and neighborhood. We have so many dogs in this area and he loves to watch for them. We finally replaced our 20 year old sofa, the new one sits higher so Koko claimed his spot as it affords a better view of the street, lol.

We will be celebrating mom's 93rd birthday next month. She has recovered from her hospital stay but I am still leary about taking her out in the transport.

Kate has two internships this semester and will graduate in May.
    Can you believe that? Wasn't it just yesterday we were all planning their visit to Boston to check out colleges? We are very proud of her and she has had a tremendous college experience.

Me, well I guess I have been having some anxiety lately. So many life changes and I have not been handling them well. Winter in Wisconsin doesn't help

Marianne, the time is flying by, we lost Zoe 3 years ago this month.
    I miss her every day and so I spoil Koko even more. But he is such a good boy, he deserves it.

I will stop by your thread. I hope you and your family are well. I think about sweet Peg and all our pups a lot. That bond is forever.

Love you all
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

Always good to hear from you, sweet Addy! The time that passes does help us cope but for me it has not healed. I think those of us who have loved so deeply will always miss our babies but that only proves how truly deep that love is, each tear an offering to that love.

It's good to hear Koko is doing well in his new home and finding adventures that bring him, and you, joy.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.