Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

The best doggie tv around! Molly loves her window seat looking out on the street for the same reason.

The new place looks lovely and I'm sure you are going to really enjoy it. Koko sure looks like he is.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

kanga Guest

Good luck. Thanks for sharing.

Addddy!! Hi girlfriend... if you haven't sent me an invite for the girlie drinks housewarming at the new condo I am going to be very cross!

The bit of the condo I can see with Koko looking out is very lovely, carpet fantastic colour I laughed when you mentioned the weird names they give carpet, paint etc. I have just suffered through a bathroom reno, the paint was called "Breathless" the only thing that made me breathless was the bill at the end of it all but it is nice so i guess worth it in the end

I like Koko is sitting there sussing out his new hood, could you build a little fence around the door so he could come and go outside a bit?

And OMG did I read somewhere you fell... AGAIN!? You are a bit of a klutz sweet, you need permanent bubble wrap head to toe haha

So pleased to hear you and hubs and the boy are settling in so well, please do take care of yourself... when you do get to retire in 2 years you want to be fighting fit and enjoy it Miss our chats and you... Flynn sends a super lick and big hugs from me xxxxxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Hi Addy,

So happy to hear that you found the perfect little nest to call your own.

Our little love, Koko Puff, will be happy as long as you're together. What a treasure he is! His "doggy Tv", is pretty awesome! Always love the pics. Keep them coming!

You posted on Mel/Tia's thread that you feel we are connected for life though our babies. I believe that too. This family here understood when no one else did. They understand that we eventually pick up the fragments left behind, but moving on is difficult and many of us are changed forever. Okay, too sappy.

Big hugs dear friend,
    Kathy

Sorry you have a migraine, I wondered why you were up so early, Kathy.

Hey Trish, page nine, it was a while between posts, girl, lol.

We do love this place. I don't mind the density of people, the yard crew really does a great job keeping up the outside and at this stage in my life, the amount of space is perfect, not too much to keep up.

Koko is selttling in and started to bring toys out and he is not doing as many calming signals. Hubby tried taking him for a walk mid day and Koko would come home so worked up from seeing all the walking dogs he would have the puppy crazies. Hubby said he did not think he should walk him

We walk and walk as he smells every possible vertical anything to read his mail, he does not want to come back in and if he does not get to see anyone, he insists on standing out on the front lawn for a few minutes before finally consenting to go inside.

Koko went to the groomer and she gave him a summer cut. Last night we had frost warnings -I had to get out the winter coat!

Anyway, thank you all for the well wishes, this finally feels like we may have found home again. Hopefully, Koko will stop with all the barking at whatever passes by his dog tv.

I googled about walking safe as we age. So I have put those tips into action as I plan on walking my little boy as long as we can

I honestly hate to admit I am now considered a senior and so is Koko.
    Never gave my age much thought nor his. Feeling vulnerable sucks So, stretches, strengthens and balancing practice are on the agenda.

Trish, carpet turned out well. We wanted hardwood but the cost was more than double and we thought the carpet would not be as slippery and help absorb sound. Now we have to buy a new vacumn because it is a smartstrand silk from Mohawk and the installer said we had to be careful of what kind of vacumn. I need to ask Judy which vacumn she has used.

Enjoy Sunday!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Really, we are seniors now? I say we because I kind of think I might be considered one, even if I refuse to acknowledge it.

The place sounds wonderful. I'm sure Koko will settle more the longer he is there. Right now it's just a new adventure that is exciting.

We got cold here too this weekend. brrrr. I brought up out a winter coat for both me and molly.

Spring will be back by next weekend though (I hope!)
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Addy -- I bought an Electrolux Sanitaire (Professional) upright vaccum a few years ago. Since I use a canister with attachments to do all my dusting, the upright worked for me as it doesn't have attachments. This also makes it a very light vacuum (with excellent suction). It has several different height settings which works for me as I have the newer carpet in the living room, 15 year old carpet in bedrooms and tile in other areas. It works well everywhere. We have a great vacuum store near me where I have bought all my vacuums -- what's great is that they carry a lot of different brands with which they are very knowledgeable and you can try them out right in the store. Since I had no clue what I wanted, this worked much better for me rather than buying a vacuum in a big box store.

Also wanted to mention -- with fibro, I have had a lot of balance issues. I started going to tai chi three years ago and have seen a remarkable improvement in balance, range of motion and strength. I do a combination of the health recovery classes and regular classes. Just a thought -- maybe something you can pursue down the road!
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL

Dear Addy
    Good to hear you are settled . Will plan on moving in the next year. I am glad Koko is adjusting. Still have a hard time with saying "senior". Remember you are as old as you act and think. An 87 year old lady just got her master's degree, another runs marathons. I am just happy to be able to use my stationary bike and walk. And ,yes have to be careful walking now. Bending and getting up in one step is quite a challenge. When did this happen?
    Love Sonja
    I just got a Shark Rotator Professional Lift Away Upright Vacuum features Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology that traps dust and allergens to create a healthy environment. The bagless canister detaches to enable quick handheld cleaning for flexible use.
    Never Loses Suction technology
    3 Vacuums in one (Upright, Lift-away pod and Canister)
    Extra large capacity dust cup
    Anti-allergen Complete Seal technology
    Ultra-maneuverable swivel steering
    Powerful motorized brushroll turns on or off
    Pet Hair Power brush
    Home & Car detail kit
    Too much information!
    Love Sonja,Apollo

I don't know when this happened, this senior stuff
    I go back to doing my ballet stretches and warm ups. Doesn't take long and helps strengthen and balance though as Judy said I would love to go to a class if I could find one.

We have that same Shark, Sonja, but I guess with this soft strand carpet, fibers are so soft we need adjustable height, lightweight, under 20 pounds. My Shark doesn't have adjustable height so the carpet store said just buy a cheap vacumn so I ordered a Bissell on Amazon and will keep our Shark since it isn't even a year old.

My daughter was just diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and we are waiting to hear from her doctor as to the path forward. Always something

Koko is settling in which makes me happy. We have a lot of green space but I have not yet tied him outside on the patio as they keep spraying the yard and we have to put him in the car to find a pesticide free zone.

The hardest part of downsizing is leaving the familiar and the memories, giving away all your stuff, and giving up a life for another.
    It is a loss and you go through mourning.

If you can find a place that feels like home and that you really, really like, that helps. I sacrificed location so I could have Koko and a larger living space. The drive into work is awful but I know it is not for long.

If Koko is happy then I am happy and he sure does love to walk his neighborhood. The other day he saw a Great Dane and he didn't know what to think. I think he thought it might not be a dog. I scolded him the other night and told him no. I usually distract or counter condition unwanted behavior so he is not used to me telling him a firm no.

He looked so puzzled and then went into the bedroom to go to his chaise. I had suspected with hubby home with him he had thought the barking at stuff and acting crazy was a game.

They sure do keep us busy, but I would not have it any other way.
    Last edited by addy; 05-21-2016 at 08:46 AM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Dear Addy
    So right. My mother has ulcerative colitis . Normally stress causes it. The main thing is a diet change ( eliminate certain foods- nuts any thing with seeds,etc.)and reducing stress. In. Today's world that is hard to do. Between, my mother, Doug, ( know dealing with a lump behind his ear loop),closing down our business and making a major move to another state is at time overwhelming.
    The older you get the harder it is to deal with change and the harder it is to bounce back. My mind says 20, but my body says otherwise. One day you wake up look in the mirror and say when did happen. It is life with all it's complexities, etc.
    Ariel helps me a lot to get through it.
    Love Sonja,Ariel