Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko is wheezing, trying not to panic

Hi Addy,

What a night you had! I am so sorry Koko had problems and I hope whatever it was is passed.

Do they put Koko in a drying box at his groomers? Could that have dried out his throat tissue causing difficulty breathing? Is there any possibility his throat/trachea got damaged during the grooming? Just navel gazing and throwing out thoughts.....

Let us know how he is doing, ok?

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Leslie,

He never had a problem before, I don't think they use a drying box but he had his collar on so maybe she took him out for a potty break and he pulled too hard for some reason.

After he threw up, he did not wheeze again. But he was doing alot of calming signals and licking his lips. He burped a couple times and I almost thought it looked like he had acid reflux or something coming up his throat.

The first time I heard the pug at work reverse sneeze it scared me so bad, I picked her up and ran all the way back to the office, a few blocks of running with an overweight pug and I was wheezing

Zoe does it and it sounds bad but I know what it is so I just tell her to swallow and blow in her nose and rub her throat and it stops. This did not sound like that but ER says each dog is different

Koko is our puppy. He is almost 3 but he is still a puppy.

I tried to stay calm but he could have sensed by alarm and perhaps that scared him too.

No walks today for him, so far he has kept his breakfast down.

Hey, what do you think happened to Susan? Maybe we will hear from her today.

Love,
    Addy

Hey Addy,

I'm glad he seems to be feeling better this morning and hope it continues as the day progresses.

I understand the panic feeling when you hear the breathing change. When Squirt got bronchitis this winter it scared the crap out of me to hear her breathing. We have a memory foam mattress but I could feel her breaths anyway.

Susan posted a short note earlier saying they hadn't had connection for 2 days. I hope we hear more soon and that she is still as excited as she was.....or even more so!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh, my dearest Addy,
    What a relief! These kids I am SO happy to hear this was nothing serious. Now, I'll be telling YOU to get some sleep tonight.
    Looks as if our Mom abandoned us for the "new kid". Now Mom likes Bailey best. Do you think we will ever get home? How much money do you have in your pocket? Where is the nearest Greyhound bus station?
    Hugs,
    Carrol

LOL Carrol, I cannot stop laughing at your post. I have tears in my eyes.

Oh Gosh, I needed that laugh badly, I was so worried yesterday and last night.

I think we are looking at hitchhiking home.

Maybe they will notice we are gone and come looking!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya bunches,
    Addy who can't stop laughing

Koko update:

No more wheezing, no more vomiting.

He was sneezing in the house and whenever I took him outside.

I just took him outside, it is really cold and windy and he did not sneeze this time and wanted to trot up the street. Now we are back inside and he is snorting a bit.

He does not act like he has a tummy ache.

Bad news is Zoe almost threw up at 4:00pm. I can count on one hand how many times Zoe has thrown up in 4 years. I am waiting to see if she keeps down dinner.

Maybe it is all unrelated to the groomer I guess we will never know.

Koko is much improved. Now I will watch my Zoe.

Now I am sneezing

Maybe we need to move from wisconsin

Thank you all,
    Hugs,
    Addy

Move here! Move here!

You know, maybe it IS allergens. They can be nasty. I am so relieved that Koko is okay. Doesn't it just give you more relief than Alka Seltzer?

Hey Addy, they never did look for us They didn't even know they were missing Well, I just going to tell Bailey to ask for a pony

Love and hugs,
    Carrol

Well, I just going to tell Bailey to ask for a pony
    Carroll you are great with the one liners, I crack up

Thank you for the perfect start to my Monday. I have a big smile plastered to my face.

Well, I just going to tell Bailey to ask for a pony
    Rolling on the floor laughing, I can't stop.

Love ya,
    Addy

Hey Addy,

Glad to hear that Koko seems better but sorry to hear that Zoe threw up. I hope she is ok...

Ya know, when you said he was sneezing my first thought was allergies to some of the pollens that may be present where you live. Any possibility that could be his problem?

BTW, thanks for flaggin' that trucker down but next time, could you find one that has bathed in the last year?

Hugs,
    Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for asking about Zoe- I admit Sunday I was starting to goggle dog viruses thinking ok they both have something. But WHAT

Walked Koko this am and it is cold, 22 I think, we have not had a wheezing attack and the sneezing was better. Hubby is calling groomer this morning.

The kids stopped by for birthday cake (my Mom's) and I am wondering if Zoe helped herself to some off the floor maybe. She was still nauseous yesterday. When I got home from work her little belly was bloated but she was no longer nauseous. She was happy and playing with Koko. This morning she had mushy poos and feels much better it is all out of her.

SO we will fast for the rest of the day and have flagyl again tonight and hopefully all of this is over

Thanks for checking and you trucker post was soooooo funny. Between you and Carrol, I can't stop laughing.

Addy