Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko is wheezing, trying not to panic

I agree with Deb. Sending hugs and love. Keep us posted. Kim

Please keep us updated. We will be waiting.
    Tight, tight hugs and positive thoughts your way.
    Carrol

I called emergency. They think the wheezing and snorting could be his version of a reverse sneeze and it sounds different from Zoe's because it can sound different in each dog. They thought he could have swallowed or got water in his nose and it irritated him and the throwing up is from being stressed from the reverse sneezing and feeling uncomfortable.

He is sleeping now on the sofa. They said to watch him and if he showed any difficulty breathing or if he throws up again I should bring him in.

He is not breathing funny or fast. His comes are not pale. I will watch him for the next hour.

Before he threw up, he heard a noise outside and started barking and flew off the sofa, running to the door. He vomited a few minutes later.

Thanks for being there.

Hugs,
    Addy

I'm sending positive thoughts that the ER staff is right my dear friend, and that Koko will be okay.

(((HUGS))) Try to relax a little, even though this is easier said than done. You and Koko are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

Addy, I'll be standing by to get your updates on Koko. Positive thoughts being sent your way and prayers a plenty being said.

Hugs,
    Glynda

Thanks Terri,

Koko slept quietly and we just got him up to go potty and have his light snack. He throws up bile if his tummy gets too empty. I gave him soft cooked tukey, not too much.

He is sniffing abit. Hopefully we will make it through the night. His breathing is normal. I think he acts like he has a tummy ache. Wonder if dogs get acid reflux?

Emergency is 10 minutes away and is open all night. It is the same group Zoe"s IMS is with. They know us

Love,
    Addy

I'm so glad that Koko is doing better. I'm glad the ER is close by, just in case, but I really hope that it won't be necessary. Hopefully, all of you will be able to get a good night's sleep.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

Dearest Addy,
    I am sure that little Koko will be fine. I will be watching and waiting.
    Love & hugs,
    Carrol

Hi Addy,

How's Koko doing this morning? I hope you both got a good night's sleep.

(((HUGS))) my dear friend.

Luv ya,

Terri

Hi Terri and Glynda, Kim, Deb and Carroll and All,

He slept through the nite with no events. We kept checking his breathing and it was normal. I fed his regular food for breakfast but in 3 stages so he could not gulp too fast and he did not wheeze. I have not heard any wheezing yet this morning. Though he has snorted.

Both dogs sneezed this morning when I took them outside. ER said there are alot of allergens outside right now.

No more throwing up, he seems tired but he is always tired the day and next when he comes back from the groomers.

I will see what happens today. He needs to go in for a wellness exam in August. Maybe I push that upa few months. He is such a puppy. I think he will act like a puppy when he is twelve.

Thanks guys, I am calmer when I know you are all there.

Love,
    Addy