Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko tests

Keeping everything here crossed for good results.

In her younger days, Rozee would scream like a little girl, literally like a little girl whenever a stranger tried to pick her up.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

I only hear Molly scream like that once (like a little girl) and it was at a stranger who tried to walk in the front door. (he had the wrong house and molly backed him up against the outside wall) He won't do that again! and I keep the front door locked even when I'm home now. (although it only happened once in all these years)

Koko is sure a hoot with his drama. Sounds like the doc knows just how to treat that though, with a tickle to the chin! LOL

Hoping it all goes well!
    hugs,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

How terrifying! After they scare us to death, they're fine. We are basket cases for much longer! Doesn't seem to be quite fair. Once his teeth are all done, you can both relax.
    Big hugs to you, Miss Cujo and the drama king,
    Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

WOW, Zoe did not look or act like this after major surgery

He looked so out of it when I picked him up at three. He just lay in the car on his side and did not move, his eyes looked really weird.

I finally got him up at five thirty. He did not want to eat but I was supposed to feed him and give him a pain pill. I had to take his food and stick it on my finger and he would lick it off. Then I waited half hour to give him the rest, no more than 1/2 his usual dinner they said.

He is sleeping again. I asked my youngest granddaughter to come to visit him. Koko loves children and he thinks Kayla is his litter mate, loves her to bits.

They had to pull one small tooth, way in the back, otherwise they said he did really well.

I hope he feels better tomorrow.
    Last edited by addy; 06-28-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Addy,
    It sounds like a little too much anesthesia to me! That same thing happened to Buddy when I had him neutered. He was so out of it he couldn't even stand up when I picked him up. Poor Koko. I am so sorry. I hope he feels tons better in the morning. Big hugs to you mom,
    Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Awww poor Koko.

This will just reaffirm that he is of course right to make the drama at the vets office. Just look what they did to him, Torture for sure, there were probably medieval torture racks in there if only he could remember better. Oh well have some more food from mom's finger. hmmm, might not be so bad after all, she'll give me anything right now.

hugs and a few giggles,
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Awww poor Koko, sending loving and healing hugs. My boy, Sampson, was really knocked out when I picked him up from a dental cleaning, I suppose some dogs may just be more sensitive to the anesthesia.

Hoping Koko perks up real fast.

I bet he is bright eyed and busy tailed this morning! Should not be too bad with only one wee tooth out. Anaesthetic has zonked him by the sound of it. Still I always think better to be sleeping it off than uncomfortable After Flynn's dental/ulcer removal few weeks back he was kinda wired that evening, could not sit still and wanted outside! Would rather he had slept it off like Koko instead of wandering around so drugged up! Is his pain pill non steroidal? They always best taken with food, so presuming that is what it is. Bet he is hungry today too... so will look forward to a good Koko report soon! xxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Good to know he is not the only one who was out of it and Sharlene, I laughed so hard at your post. This morning he was still a bit under the weather so I had to hand feed him again. I was sure Zoe would be in our face as I was sitting on the floor with him and FOOD

I warned Zoe, "Today is about your brother, not about you, behave."

She totally understood and ignored the food and me feeding him. I could not believe it.

Tonight, he is finally normal and ate on his own.

Good boy, Koko, hope this means the worst is over.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Hmmm. Isn't it funny how boy dogs try to act so brave but are actually just big wimps when it comes to anything scary? At least that is also my experience with my Maxwell. Fortunately (and thankfully), he has always been super healthy. He'd have been quite a handful if he had to go through even 1/4 of what Ali has endured! Glad to hear he continues to do well!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia