Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

We have a celebrity in our group. You go Koko Puff! How fun!

I agree with you Addy. Carrying them and acting super confident really works. I do the same thing.

I haven't Tried the celebrity name thing, but that's brillant!! Who could Rosie be? Lol
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Hi Addy

That's hysterical!! Work it like you own it

Were you at the airport saying goodbye to your visitors?? Hopefully now you have a few days of relaxing before going back to work... NO CLEANING allowed!! xxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

hhehehee, that is brilliant Addy. Of course Koko just acts like he belongs there too, wherever there might be. I think as long as the dogs are calm and don't cause a ruckus then most of the time, no one says anything about it.

Hope you are in relax mode now!
    hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

HI Addy

Have you had any Koko outings during your week off?? Seems to have shot by, I still have another two weeks off... loving it!! Think I would easily fit into being a lady of leisure, if only I could find a man of means!! xxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Addy,

LOVE the picture of Koko and Zoe! I see you moved/deleted Zoe's thread?

Glad Koko is having some great adventures. Saw a woman in the Plow and Hearth store today with a small dog on a leash! The dog was very well behaved so no one seemed to mind. I was talking to her - the little guy was only 5 years old and she was the 3rd owner! She rescued him from a shelter and the prior owner had had his vocal chords removed! She said he is the best dog she has ever had. Glad the third time was a charm for him!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

omg, Mary Beth that is a terrible thing to do to a dog. Remove their vocal chords! Glad he has another home now and hopefully this one will be the last!

Yes, want to hear all about yours and Koko's adventures.

hugs
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Zoe's thread is there, I just have not posted on it so we have to hunt it down. Been a zoo here. Someone is interested in coming to see our house. I thought I was ready for this but find not so much

As for our traveling boy- TADA

Today Koko had free run of the house when Daddy left for work and until Mama got home from work. I hope I am not making a mistake trying to give him his freedom but he looked so sad when we would lock him up in the kitchen alone. He was very good with Zoe's blankets gone and one of his beds in the kitchen. Never bothered the table nor the pillows on the banquet. We had been allowing him free run of the house for an hour or two here and there and hubby did every morning.

What do you think? Am I rocking the boat too much by pushing him so?
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Molly has free run of the house except to go into the basement, which I have blocked with a gate. She'd get stuck down there and cry. Usually she just hangs in the window or sleeps in her favorite spots it seems till we get home. She has never tried to get into anything she shouldn't.

Is Koko one to get into things or cause havoc with things he shouldn't? If he isn't then I doubt that there is much to worry about.

I don't know if I would be ready at any time for someone to come view my house either. The memories created there are all special and the home itself. Change is not always bad though.
    If you were to sell what would you guys do? or where would you go? I know you have talked about this and thought about it, but is there a plan in place?

My friends came to dinner to the other night and said, guess what we bought a condo townhouse, down in the trendy area by High Park. (this would be the equivilant of Central Park in NYC) I was stunned. I said I thought we discussed last week that you were going to stay in the house for now. She said, yea, but we just went to look and they had one unit left and we thought, we can't walk away from this. Our house goes on the market next April. LOL So sometimes these things can really take on a life of their own when you least expect it.

hugs

we have a few tentative plans but I really wanted to sell the house next Spring and then rent in our old neighborhood as a transition while we figure out where we really want to live when I retire.

LOL one apartment told hubby our little one would be permitted if he was a therapy dog- I asked hubby didnt she mean service dog? He said no she said therapy dog, cant you buy a diploma on line for him?

I looked at hubby like he was crazy and then googled it- you actually can LOL

I always wanted him to do therapy but I wonder if the property manager is using the wrong terminology.

Always something!!!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Weird, it sounds like it should be service dog, but hey if they go with therapy dog, then Koko could be an in. LOL

When do you retire? Renting while figuring out the whole where you want to go thing is a good idea. Especially if you might want to try out a few places before making a permanent decision.

hugs