Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

My Koko went to the groomers today. He has to wear his collar to the groomers otherwise he wears his harness. He is a partial collapsing trachea that has not been bothering him.

Since he came home he is sneezing and wheezing. I have never heard him wheeze like this. Usually if his trachea is bothering him he coughs and then gags. This is a wheeze.

He ate dinner but when tried to bend his head to lick his Kong he wheezed again. I held his Kong straight and he did not wheeze but now he just walked past me and wheezed again.

Do you think he could have swallowed something and it is stuck in his throat? Should I go to emergency?

His gums are not pale. It does not sound like Zoe's reverse sneeze.

I don't want to overreact.

Not sure what to do.

Addy

Default Re: Koko is wheezing, trying not to panic

Wheezing noise coming from the mouth or the nose?

I googled and found this chart of different descriptions for wheezing and what it could be and what to do from the USDA

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_exp...g.pdf#page=125

Thanks Kim,

I guess I lost the post I just wrote. The wheezing is coming from his mouth but he is also snorting from his nose and sneezing. This started when he came back from the groomer. It is very cold today.

He drank some water and did not wheeze. I just took him out to do his duties and he snorted in the cold but did not wheeze. Now he is laying next to hubby and not making any noise.

Freaked me out when he wheezed outside earlier. It went on for a few minutes and also when he tried to lick his Kong. Reminded me of when my asthma is acting up.

I wonder if some water from his bath went down the wrong pipe?

I guess I just watch him for awhile.

You know I am always so worried about Zoe, I take his health for granted I guess. It really scared me.

Hugs,
    Addy

My dear friend:
    Would he have inhaled anything at the groomers that would be irritating. Interesting it was only after groomers.
    can you call emergency clinic and see what they say?
    Please keep us updated.
    Love & tight hugs,
    Carrol

I'm so glad that Koko is doing better, my dear friend. That had to be such a scare.

Give Koko some extra belly rubs from me.

Luv ya,

Terri

Hi Carrol,

Yeah, our first thought was did he swallow something at the groomers? She has her children there on Saturdays and sometimes they have stuff on the floor where they play. He has been going there for 3 years and loves his groomer. Is always happy to go.

Now I wonder if maybe he inhaled some hair particles or got water down the wrong pipe and maybe it irritated his bronchial tubes. Do they have them? He is snorting, little short snort puffs often through his nose.

If it happens one more time ,the wheezing attack, I will call emergency.

Always something

Love ya,
    Addy

He just threw up his dinner and is snorting. I did not see a foreign object in th vomit.

We just tried to call the groomer but they are closed until Tuesday

Addy, you might try to reach the groomer to see if they used anything different in the way of shampoo, etc., that Koko might be reacting to, & check to see if anything unusual happened during the groom.

Debbie
    Mom to 2 Cushing's angels

Default Happy Birthday Koko

To my little wild man, my circus pup who was totally loco but so full of joy when we adopted you:

Happy Birthday sweet boy. You are such a joyful soul, everyone smiles when they see you.

Thank you for taking care of your sister. It was not that long ago when I would tell Zoe to take care of you when I left for work. Now, you take care of her.

I am so proud of the pup you have become and love you so very much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!!!!!!

Love,

Mom, Dad and Zoe
    Also the kids
    Grams says hi too
    Last edited by addy; 08-05-2011 at 08:26 AM.