Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Default Re: Koko - Traveling Dog Around Town

Hi Addy, had to come hunt you down and found Koko's thread!!

Hope you are feeling up to popping in for an update soon! Love reading about the latest, I hope you and Koko have been out from some al fresco dining in the Spring sunshine!! Smuggling him in when you have to, that cracks me up!

Sending a big hug, plus some more healthy vibes and hope this note finds you feeling much better!!

I haven't forgotten Zoe, no one could, that girl was bigger than life itself and has left her dainty pawprint on all our hearts! Miss you xxxxxxxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

We are all alive and trying every day, Koko has indeed been patio dining and has done quite a bit if shopping too, has had non stop visitors, the last two months have been a whirlwind with the house. The photographer is coming today, listing goes up Thursday with a hold on all showings then open house Sunday.

Hubby had vertigo last night, cam out of nowhere, very scary. Rushed mom to the clinic Saturday, she has shingles.

We are all exhausted, mentally and physically and the more we try to fix up this old house, more things go wrong.

I hope to catch up with you all, Trish how did the house hunting go?
    I scanned Molly's thread and got worried, will have to go back further to see what is all going on.
    Love you all and hope to have more time soon!
    Moved Zoe's trunk to the rec room and hate that her stuff is downstairs, that was a hard day,
    Koko has been so good but hated the carpet cleaning, refused to go back in the house, never saw him act like that though the smell was ver strong.

And I'm still coughing, ugh

Hugs and kisses
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Think about you a lot. Glad you have sweet Koko. Hope you let me know your new place when you move. So many changes for both of us. Both dealing with aging mothers,etc. Hope your mother gets better.
    Love always
    Sonja,Apollo,Ariel
    Last edited by apollo6; 06-09-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Hey Addy!

Just stopping by to say hi and to tell you I'm thinking of you. I hope things have settled down somewhat for you and hubby.

Love,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

I'm with Susan. You have been on my mind a lot lately and I hope all is well in your world.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Add me to the list, too. I think about you often, Addy, and hope that the move is agreeing with you all and especially that your Shingles has quieted down! Is Koko truly a traveling dog around town now??

Addy, we miss you!!!

How are you and Koko doing? How do you like the new place? Are you and koko and hubby adjusting?

I hope those nasty shingles are gone! I really need to get the vaccine for that. My MIL had them too. Very painful.

Pop in sometime and play catch up.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you for all the "hellos". My hand is finally not as painful and the strength is coming back, the shingles left a terrible scar and I hope it improves, people stare at it

We are getting used to the new townhouse. We did not take the one downtown, friends talked us out of it. We are in a western suburb about 15 minutes west of where we used to live. It seems rather rural to us and I have a longer commute but we like the townhouse, though we had to get rid of 90 per cent of what we owned.

Koko loves running up and down the stairs and will run up to our bedroom and play by himself. There is a beautiful orange cat next door and he and Koko love to look at each other through the window.
    Koko is adjusting and he is really doing well with all the dogs we see.

He is still a bit nervous about all the commotion after living in our private quiet house but I think he is adjusting better than I thought he would. He hasn't barked at any of the dogs and is starting to wag his tail at some of them. He is such a good dog and my neighbor said she never hears him bark when we are away and he is home alone. We put the Disney station in for him when he stays home alone.

Parts started falling off my 13 year old car so Koko and I went car shopping. He thought that was quite fun and now I have a new car for the long commute. After driving the same car for 13 years, it has been an experience trying to adjust to the new car and the new commute which has so much more traffic.

We have been busy with my mom and trying to find a few pieces of furniture to fit in the townhouse. I managed to cram our dining table and China cabinet in, I gave away the buffet. We need a new sofa, ours is 20 years old but I want to have it reupholstered. The new sofas are all to deep.

Kate leaves for Spain on the 1st for the semester. We are having a special farewell dinner tonight for her. She is sooo excited and has an internship in some government office in Granada.

I had been stuck in the house for so long with Zoe I just now realized that my world had become very small and new things make me anxious. I am hoping to change that and venture out more on my own.

All in all, we are adjusting to all the new things in our life. Koko just came flying down the stairs with his plastic hot dog. It has been his pacifier since Zioe died. I put her trunk upstairs in the second bedroom. I don't allow myself to look back too much, the last day I stood in our home, looked around at the empty rooms of Knollwood and said "come on Zoe, let's go, Koko is waiting for us". My darling girl was right by my side to start our new journey. Leaving Knollwood was almost harder then facing Zoe's death.

Somehow, I survived it all and now I keep trying to only stay in the now.

I did lose 15 pounds and chopped off my long hair.

I was teasing hubby that I have a new townhouse, a new car, a new hairdo and if he isn't careful I will get a new hubby

Well, enough of my updates, I need to sit down and catch up on all of you and hope to have time soon.

Love you all, miss you all and realized my strength came from your support. Thank you for that.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Oh Addy, it is so so good to hear from you! Things seem to be settling down a bit for you and your new life, and I'm glad. It is really nice that Koko is adjusting so well.

I know what you mean about your world becoming so small. It is hard, very hard, for me to get out of that world (it is so familiar and comfortable) but I am trying. My heart may pound, I may sweat like mad, my hands and voice may shake....but I get out. My circle of real life friends that I am ok spending face time with has grown a teeny bit and that is a good growth rate for me. But I am still, and always, more comfortable in the cyber world. With Trink's new illness I know the progression will back to that isolated state as the COPD progresses - with no complaint from me.

BTW, I found your 15lbs plus a few more from someone when I stopped smoking. You want yours back?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Dear Addy,

I'm so glad you stopped in. I knew you would after everything is settled and I'm glad to hear that everything is going smoothly for Koko, you and your hubby.

It must've been awfully hard to leave that beloved house, full of memories of Zoe, happy and sad all at the same time. I have no doubt Zoe was right by your side helping you all the way. I think about you and Zoe often and my heart still aches. I want you to know that I'm very proud of you and sweet Koko for what you two have accomplished since Zoe.

I'm also glad you like your new town house. We are planning on putting our house on the market by early next spring too. It's a very old house so needs a lot of repairs. Not looking forward to doing it.
    To me the biggest hurdle is my hubby. We have to get rid of a lot of stuff as this move is all about downsizing. My hubs can't be separated from any of his possessions it seems. They all have special meaning and purposes! He has things from 20-30 years ago? How did you get your hubby on board on tidying things up by 90%? I need a lot of luck and I can only hope he gets brave so we will be ready by the spring.

The weather is beautiful out here these days. Just gorgeous. Enjoying it so much. I hope you are enjoying this end of summer weather, too. Give Koko big hugs for me and hugs to you, too. Song.