Page 247 of 380 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3796

Thread: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Default Re: Molly, 10 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo, cushing diagnosis

Sharlene, such a sad day for you all. I know that wee grandson of yours will be bringing smiles, but breaks my heart knowing he is going to miss his mate Ringo so much. big hugs for you all xxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Oh, such sad news about Ringo. I'm very sorry.

Best of luck with the pool party, here's hoping it goes smoothly for both you and Molly. It always surprised me how many parents would let their kids make a beeline for my 50 lb dog (who would never in a million years have hurt a child, but most people who aren't familiar with boxers don't realize that) without even asking if it was OK.
    “Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.”
    ― Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit

Pansy Lou Who, the Velveteen Boxer. Always loved, never forgotten. RIP 2014

Sharlene I am so sorry to hear the news of Ringo. What a tragic accident. Super hugs.

Lhasa Apsos are funny that way. Zoe never wanted anyone messing with her either. Kate had so many pool parties here and as long as the kids ignored Zoe, she ignored them. But if one of them reached for her head- watch out for the snap that would come.

It is hard to make sure the little ones leave Molly alone. I thought Marianne's idea of a play pen was good. I know it will all work out for you. Sorry if you are stressing.

love ya
    Last edited by addy; 08-30-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

The play pen is a good idea and I mentioned it to my husband already. The plan is to try it out and see how they do. If they leave her alone, it won't be a problem, but yes, she would be just like Zoe.

I want the kids to be able to have fun and a good time, but I don't want molly to be stressed out either. So, it has to be a balance. I'll judge it when they get her by how the adults act, if they tell them to leave her alone and if the kids follow that.

yes, he is going to be heartbroken when he goes home and Ringo isn't there for him to play with.

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I hope you figure out the pool party surely if you say to the parents then they will leave Molly alone but I know you will still be stressing over it. A few eventful days for you with squirrels and the sad passing of Ringo I hope you are still looking after yourself in the midst of all this as your no use if you get sick
    Now causing mayhem and havoc at the bridge

Oh I just wanted to say I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of Ringo. Your poor grandson and family.

I just wanted to pop in and say We Survived! I used the gate to block off the living room and the french doors closed to the dining room and kept her in there. I was going to let her out after a bit, but one of the kids was very scared of molly and ran from her crying, so of course molly thought this was a great game and gave chase, which scared her more, so I decided it was best if she stayed in there. We did eventually end up with the kids in the living room on the couch watching cartoons (exhausted from swimming) and molly and the little girl were both fine. Molly will ignore anyone who ignores her. But she really decided she wanted this girl to be her friend and kept gravitating towards her.

I think we will be working on plan for them to become adjusted to molly, after all these kids are joining our family with the marriage, so they might as well all become good friends now. Molly is very much a solid stone in the family foundation.

yippeee, still kicking it after a full day of fun in the sun!
    hugs and thanks for the support everyone!
    sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Sounds like you had a great day with the family! And is sounds like Molly and the kids did very well together. Molly will win that little girl over really soon I bet.
    (¯`•.•´¯)¸•´¯`☆ ¸•´¯`☆ ¸•´¯`☆
    .`•.¸¸.•´ Suzie, Dixie & Buttons

Thrilled it all went so well! How can you have so much energy after a full day in the sun?
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

So pleased to hear it all went well.

Hamish was always very interested in anyone who ignored him - he just couldn't believe that could happen! It's probably the same with Miss Molly - she just can't understand why the little girl does adore her like we all do.