Page 121 of 380 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3796

Thread: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Default Re: Molly, 10 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo, cushing diagnosis

I don't think her ear has settled, she's still shaking her head.

Other than ridiculous sneezing fits and some residual coughing I seem to be doing better. However, hubs said he is dying. I don't think he is getting much better. It isn't looking good for the 1940's todo. Molly scheming?! hmm, maybe if she got wind of it
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh my goodness Sharlene...we have the same thing going on here! Trixie's been head shaking and scratching her left ear. Yesterday it was much worse than today. I was afraid she was going to scramble her brains with all the head shaking that was going on. She was groomed a week and a half ago and she always comes home with her ears bothering her after that. I think when they pluck that fur out of there they irritate her skin. I have to talk to them about that next time.
    I was able to get a good look with a flashlight and my magnifiers last night...there was scab there that she must have scratched open, but nothing else noticeable. I'm hoping that's what was causing the itchiness. I put a dab of polysporin on it and so far today I'm not seeing all the head shaking and scratching. Hope we're over whatever it was.
    She's bored though and definitely has cabin fever.
    She seems undeterred by the extreme cold. The outerwear continues to be a problem as she will not put nose to the ground while wearing the coat/sweater. So we go out with it on, and then I take it off. At least when I'm holding it people don't think I'm totally insane for having a naked dog out in below zero weather!
    Trixie tried to pull me toward the park and needless to say, that wasn't happening today. She doesn't even shiver outside...maybe she's got some Husky in her bloodlines!!
    Now I have a sore throat...caught from my husband who does not know how to manage a cold when he gets one. I see the cough drops I got him right here in the living room, which means he didn't bring them to work! What good are they if you don't use them???
    I hope Molly's ear settles down....it's always something isn't it??
    Feel better and stay warm! I'm not looking forward to our next walk though today the wind has subsided, thank goodness!!

Barbara
    Last edited by Trixie; 01-08-2014 at 02:44 PM.

I'm glad to hear that you're starting to feel better. Your husband has that guy disease. It is well documented. Many men actually believe they are dying when they catch a cold. If they had to have babies, there would only be one of them, because they would be dead after the first one. LOL Now, I am in trouble again!!!!

Poor Molly. Ears are such pains in the butt. I have been using an ear wash that Glynda suggested for Rosie, to keep her ears clear. She had mucked up ears after mites and infection, tied up with allergies when she arrived. They had to put her under to clean them out properly. Her ears have been clear since I started using the wash. Rosie fights the minute she see the bottle, so I have to saturate a cotton ball just to get a few drops into her ears. I use it once a week.So far so good. If you want the name of the wash, let me know. I am at work, so I don't have it right now, but can get it for you. xxxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Did I say that I thought Trixie's ear was better...well I was wrong. Head shaking again. Clearly something bothering her. Guess we're off to the vet tomorrow.

Barbara

Oh no, poor Trixie. I'm currently on a clean it and medicate it so hoping it will be better soon.

It's not looking good at all for this weekend. Hubs hasn't left the house since Tuesday and is coughing something awful. I think today might be his worse day yet. He cancelled his out of town meetings tomorrow.

I've talked him into see how we feel on Friday and I've contacted the costume shop, but honestly, it doesn't look good.

On a bright note we are suppose to be above freezing by Friday and at 8C on Sat, so that is good at least.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Ahem.... Also known as Man Flu

Many men actually believe they are dying when they catch a cold.
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Poor hubby. It sounds like he's really sick. Molly will be heartbroken if you don't go to the party. Ha! She'll be doing the happy dance! It did not break Rosie's heart when I couldn't go off and do all the Christmas festivities. She thought she hit the jackpot because she had me all to herself. She didn't care how sick I was because I was home with her 24/7. I hope you both are better soon. Xxxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

good to hear that "spring" is coming to your surroundings!
    and molly; lazy days are over; you need to walk again.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxee's Dad View Post
    Ahem.... Also known as Man Flu
    ROFL! It's a mysterious and deadly illness I'm sure.

Yes he is pretty sick. I don't think he's sneezed once, just coughing and moaning (muscles hurt). Me, I'm sneezing my fool head off, gads!

When he gets a fever, he feels it in his joints. Too much damage over the years So, I'm just doing what I can for him.

I'm bringing out the big guns. Buckley's cough medicine. Kill or cure. The commercial says it all "taste awful but it works"

Hey, Sharlene, I come from a long line of Okies who breaks out the Vicks Vapo Rub when we have a cold with hacking coughs. When I was little my grandmother would slather it on the bottoms of my feet, put socks on me and tuck me in. She would smear it on my chest and throat too. It worked quite well. I still do it when I get sick.
    If you have some in the house, give it a try on hubby when he goes to bed.