Page 127 of 380 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3796

Thread: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Default Re: Molly, 10 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo, cushing diagnosis

Hey Sharlene

What a nightmare, must have been all that blinking cold and ice!

Just did a quick search for you and found this site which says what you can do to help recover from pneumonia.

http://www.naturalhomecures.com/memb...treatment.html

Avoid all sugar caffeine and drink lots of hot broth like miso vegetable, also cut out dairy as it contributes to mucous.

Wishing You, Hubby and Molly a peaceful restful night which consists of more than 4 hours kip

Mel
    Xxxxx

Good site, thanks.
    I didn't think of miso soup, I've been doing beef, chicken, vegetable broths, but really needed something different to add to the mix.
    No coffee or milk products for him. Eggs, and toast, tried some smoked salmon, but that didn't go over. Taste buds are all over the place right now.
    I think that he'll be better by next week. He's taken the week off from the office and I'm working at home as long as he is sick.
    Molly seems to be loving it and is intrigued I think by how often he seems to get to try smell good stuff to eat. LOL
    I think it is the same Tracy, high protein, low carb, stay away from milk products (mucus bad).

hugs
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I eat hot, spicy Mexican food when I have a cold. I can usually taste it and it clears the sinuses.

hmmm, spicy. Not much in the way of mexican around here, but I bet a spicy curry might be of interest.
    Thanks!
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

End cut of prime rib with horse radish... that will clear up the sinuses!
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

Hoping that the antibiotics are finally kicking in and that you're all sleeping Sharlene.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

I hope they are kicking in, but not sure, he can only sit up, sort of leaning forward, otherwise he coughs so much. It is pretty painful and so he can't sleep, if he is coughing and not sleeping, then hard for the rest of us too.

I would go to a different room but that wouldn't go over well at all. He can't sleep at all really if he isn't able to at least touch my foot.

John, that is his Favorite meal, prime rib, horseradish.

I do appreciate all the input and help from everyone. I'm surrounded by his family who really are in a panic mode. I'm more the, no time to do scared, someone needs to be logical and cool headed. It makes it difficult though because if I say I'm concerned about anything at all, they really do freak out on me and I end up with women in tears.

hugs,
    Sharlene

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    I would go to a different room but that wouldn't go over well at all. He can't sleep at all really if he isn't able to at least touch my foot.
    Ahhhhhh! How sweet is that!

He is going to be just fine Sharlene! His well meaning relatives are not helping!!!!! I know they care, but get a grip people! I know how worried you are and you aren't well either. Just let me know and I'll fly out and toss out all of the family members claiming that your hubby has been quarantined. I'll even wear a nurse's outfit and look official! Anything to help my dear! xxxxx
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Sharlene,

he shouldn't be laying flat when he sleeps. He should be at a 45 degree angle if possible. If he can manage it, sleeping in a recliner would be great.

It prevents the junk in his lungs from settling and staying in there.
    Any time my parents had pneumonia, their doctors told them not to sleep flat.

Hot showers or soaking in a very steamy bath will help to loosen up the mucus too. Sometimes it gets thick which is even harder to cough up. If he's too weak for either, he can sit at the kitchen table in front of a steaming pot of hot water that he can lean over. Place a towel over him and the pot so that he gets the most benefit of the steam. If he starts to feel nauseous, he's getting over heated (this happens to me) and he should stop and resume later.

Keeping the mucus thin is really important. Especially if the person is weak and not active. Thick mucus can literally create a plug (happened to my father) which needs medical treatment to dissolve. Best to avoid that if possible.

I hope that this helps!
    Last edited by doxiesrock912; 01-14-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

Oh my gosh! You've got to stop all this. This sounds really serious now. At least if you have to lie low it's during the cold weather, not the nice stuff. Is Molly any comfort at times like this or does she just go about doing her own thing? Does she think it's neat that hubby is home all these days or does she get annoyed that he's not playing?
    Hugs and best wishes for speedy recoveries!!
    Susan