Page 375 of 380 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 3796

Thread: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Default Re: Molly, 13 yr, shih tzu - lhasa aspo - Molly has passed

Quote Originally Posted by Joan2517 View Post
    Or you could be blindsided like I was....
    There is that. LOL
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Absolutely true Sharlene. I still want THAT dog back, and I have another. The problem is, she is not him. Adorable yes, but NOT HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    like all of us who have lost a dog for any reason, we want That dog back.

Quote Originally Posted by Budster's Mom View Post
    Absolutely true Sharlene. I still want THAT dog back, and I have another. The problem is, she is not him. Adorable yes, but NOT HIM!
    So very true
    they each have their own place in our hearts, but some have the larger share

[So very true
    they each have their own place in our hearts, but some have the larger share]
    I agree....and thank you for helping me feel a little less guilty.
    I guess like persons, they have their own special individual traits and personalities. And, for sure, I would never attempt to "replace" an earlier dog. Sometimes there are those dogs that come along and for whatever reason they burrow a tad further down into our hearts and souls. I just need to remember how very lucky I was to have one, maybe two of those very, very special ones.
    For now there is Bailey and she is special in her own unique ways. I feel very lucky to have her. She is full of love and joy and hi-jinks. But it is very different from how I experienced Palmer, and before him, Peaches.

You sound like you are doing very well Sharlene. I loved your comment about Koko needing his own bowl and I heartily agree and second that!

Love,
    Sus
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

All the posts express my thoughts for you. Prayers and thoughts to you as you recover.
    Raina Bobo's mom

Thank you all.

I'd say I'm maintaining.

Luckily the kids move is keeping me so busy there isn't any real time to think about myself and how I feel about anything. Not numb, just not focused on it. If that makes sense.

On top of that we've had an acquisition at work that is also keeping me really busy. Then add on the holidays coming and I'm on the social committee so have several events either already on the go, or need to be planned soon, and boy, it feels crazy around here. My table is covered with decorations for a work function this week and I have so many lists that I need a list of the lists!!!

I think we'll revisit the another dog in our lives issue next year. After the cats and kids are in their own place and after winter. I've looked at the rescue site and there are so many adorable dogs in need of a home that I know that is the route we will eventually go when we are ready for that.

In the mean time, I've told friends that after the cats are in their home, that I'll be available for pupsitting duties. Baby steps.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate as usual this time of year! They will be good for keeping your mind occupied, no question. Don't forget to take a little bit of time for you in the midst of all your upcoming activity. Enjoy as much as you can, laugh often.

btw - puppysitting is nice!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

We got a card from the IMS at the emergency hopsital that molly went to so frequently, this week. It was signed by all the staff that took care of her and they wrote of how they will miss her so much. That made me cry too.
    Then the next day I got a letter of a donation to a pet fund that the hospital supports. It does so much good for owners and pets. They made a donation in mollys name.
    Gawd this sucks so much.
    She made such an impact on our lives. She literally changed our lives. When I think of all my friend in the neighborhood, good friends, I met them all because of molly and our daily, 3 times a day walks. Now I don't see everyone every day as I use to.
    One set of neighbors said they thought we must be on vacation and then were just so sad when told molly wasn't with us any longer. They all stopped and said hello to her almost every single day.
    She brought them into our lives and we would have missed so much in this wonderful neighborhood if not for her.
    gads, I come here and I cry. It sucks. Yet where else could I possible talk about her and have people who understand.

Totally understand. We miss our spunky little diva too!

Yes...where else can we go but here...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.