Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Bagel - Beagle/Bassett - Bagel has gone to heaven

Default Re: Bagel - Beagle/Bassett - Bagel has gone to heaven

Dear Sande,

It's like losing a dear friend to wake up and read this today. No matter I knew it was coming, that this battle could not be won, it still hurts so much. You and Bagel have been part of this family for about as long as Squirt and I; your posts, her stories, ones I always looked forward to seeing. And I though I have already cried for you both from the time of her diagnosis, this morning the tears are hot and fresh once again.

You are so right - you and Bagel are both so very blessed to have had each other. It was obvious in every word you wrote. I am ever so glad she made that 13th birthday; it's just a number, but I understand so well what it meant to reach it, that to you it is much, much more than "just a number".

Bagel is strong and full of energy today, just as she used to be. Her weak and debilitated body has been replaced with an eternal Form that knows no pain, sorrow, or fear. Bagel will always love you, always remember her life here with you. She will always be by your side, in your Heart, in your Soul.

Our deepest sympathies,
    Leslie, Squirt, Trinket, Brick, Sophie and our Angels, Ruby, Crystal, and Tasha

May you know that absence is full

Of tender presence and that

Nothing is ever lost or forgotten.

May the absences in your life be full of eternal echo.

May you sense around you the secret

Elsewhere which holds the presences

That have left your life.

May you be generous in your embrace of loss.

May the sore of your grief turn into a well

Of seamless presence.

May your compassion reach out to the ones

We never hear from and may you have

The courage to speak out for the excluded ones.

May you become the gracious

And passionate subject of your own life.

May you not disrespect your mystery

Through brittle words or false belonging.

May you be embraced by God in whom

Dawn and twilight are one and may

Your longing inhabit its deepest dreams

Within the shelter of the Great Belonging.

From John O’Donohue’s Eternal Echoes-Exploring our Hunger to Belong

"May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I'm so sorry to read of Bagel's passing so soon after her 13th. birthday. It takes a special kind of love to release a friend from pain. You gave her that special gift and a ton of love.

Hugs,
    Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Very sorry to hear about Bagel's passing... I know that you are physically and emotionally wiped out and simply trying to make it through the minutes of the day. Be good to yourself, and let yourself feel and mourn. I went to pet loss group therapy the other day, and the one thing I took away from it is that we need to be good to ourselves during the time we grieve.

From my perspective, I'm a bit in awe - 13 wonderful years! Lucky Bagel to be so loved, and to have a mom like you!

Sande,

While I didn't get to "know" Bagel, she sounded like a real trouper! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss, so soon after the "happy heart" too. Remember the good times and know that she is now a free spirit, no more sickness or pain, running with all of the friends she made over 13 glorious years.

Big hugs

Naomi and Fraser

Dear Sande,

Unconditional love is letting them go when it is time. It doesn't make it any easier knowing you have done the right thing. I am so sorry and I know you are hurting.

Fly free Bagel

Jenny

Dear Sande, I am sorry to hear of the loss of Bagel your beloved Beagle Bassett. RIP Bagel and Celebrate 13 years of love with all the other dogs in heaven. Preayer for comfort and peace to you and your family over the days and weeks.

Peace, Love and (((Hugs)))

Sharon

Sande,
    so very sorry to hear about Bagel's passing. Know that we are thinking of you and Bagel - it sounds like you have many happy memories from your 13 years together.
    Christine

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brave sweet Bagel. It is always to soon. The loss is overwhelming. May you be infolded in love. And may Bagel now be at peace.
    Hugs Sonja and Angel Apollo

So sorry about Bagel... I lost my Penny just before she was 13.....I miss her everyday ...but have beautiful memories to hold on to as you do...support strength love and hugs. Cindy and bailey xoxo
    xoxo Cindy & Penny

Thank you all for your kind and tender words..They make me smile over this pain...
    She was blessed and she blessed my life every day..

Silly unknowing children kept me going yesterday at school, but grownups made me run because their tender smiles opened the floodgates...

I told the third graders at the end of the day and their little hearts were weeping...I showed a science movie so the room could be dark...

Again, thank you...
    Last edited by labblab; 01-15-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: To help with a correction.