Page 434 of 435 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435 LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 4348

Thread: Flynn 11 y/o Foxie Cross - Right adrenalectomy- Good Bye Flynny We will miss you

Default Re: Flynn 11 y/o Foxie Cross - Right adrenalectomy- Good Bye Flynny We will miss you

I was out shopping today and in the background I heard your and Flynny's song playing on the radio. "Your my Sweetheart". That was a smiley moment as I thought of you both.

Default Re: Flynn 11 y/o Foxie Cross - Right adrenalectomy- Good Bye Flynny We will miss you

Hey Trish, very worried about you and your family after this horrible New Zealand earthquake over the weekend!!!! Please check in when you can, OK?

Marianne

Wondering the same here, Trish. I'll check on FB to see if there is word from you. Praying you and yours are all alright!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I've spoken with Trish and she is okay. No damage and no one hurt.

She doesn't come to the forum very often any more since Flynn passed.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Well, thanks for letting us know, Sharlene.

Hello everyone! A few years have gone by since I last posted here, but I was thinking about my Flynny alot tonight and my thoughts turned to this page so thought I would pop in and say Hi

Not so many familiar faces here now by the look of things, but I well remember the support we all had and I am sure the newbies are still receiving that same great advice. I just read the last few pages of this thread and it brought back a lot of memories. I am sitting here wanting Addy's margarita and Marianne's cheese dip!

I never got another dog, but my neighbour who has been a committed cat person up until now lost her old boy a couple of months ago and out of the blue decided she was getting a dog! So now I have a wee black lab/collie cross rescue doggo living next door! We have a gate between us and Maggie seems to like spending a lot of time visiting me. Beaudy (oriental blue) and Lozz (seal point siamese) are none too thrilled with this development and seem to enjoy reminding her who is boss and it sure isn't the puppy!

We took Maggie for a walk to the beach tonight, it so reminded me of all the 1000s of times I did that with Flynn and I guess that is what got me thinking about him so much today. It's strange because I've always been the one who talked about getting another dog, but she never has until now and it has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I think I am a wee bit jealous while still being happy for her of course! But I am still working full-time so don't think it is right for me to get one now, plus my cats would have a coronary! They just turned 4 last week and are both quite dog like themselves anyway

Otherwise life ticks on, Mum and Dad are still doing fairly well and living in their own house, they are now 84 and 87 so I am lucky they are still mostly independent. My niece Jade had a baby (Indie) who is turning 3 next weekend and we all love her to bits and I have her quite a lot to stay which is great fun. Jade and her partner got married in June, they decided on Thailand for the wedding so 13 of us headed over including Indie who managed the trip like a little pro! Beautiful wedding and a fantastic trip and lots of memories made.

Miss all my besties from here, we sure did have a lot of fun between all the crisis and I think of you often xxx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Oh Trish, my heart skipped a beat this morning when I logged on and saw Flynn’s avatar pop up — dear boy dressed in his All Blacks Jersey!!! I’m just that excited to see you back here once again

Sadly, you’re right that our activity has really slowed down around here. It seems as though Facebook has taken over the world and forums like this don’t generate the same interest or engagement that we once did. But there are a few stubborn ones of us here who refuse to let the fire die out ;-). So anytime the mood may strike you to stop back by for a chat, we’ll be here!!!! I’ve still got plenty of chocolate and also cheese recipes, and Addy’s still known to drop by from time to time with her shaker, especially around the holidays. I’ll bet Kathy will soon log on, and maybe even Sharlene, too, if we can drag her away from her work desk. And of course our other dear staffers, as well. So we can still muster a mini-party, I’m sure of it!

And now, down to business! Soooooooo glad to hear that your kittens are all grown up and doing well! And of course your parents, too (How about Elle, the devil cat????). Maggie sounds like a little love, and for sure, I’ll bet she’s stirring up a lot of doggy memories for you. Flynny and Peg will always be especially linked for me because we lost them together. You know, there’s still not one day that goes by that I don’t think about Peg. Partly because we still have Luna (thank goodness) and they were such a pair. In my mind’s eye, I still see them walking side-by-side whenever I head out the door with Luna. But partly, just because. Just because she was such a dear big black girl. And now I have a new loss — my mom passed away in January. In two weeks she would have been 100. She didn’t quite make it that far, though, and so now I’m trying to learn how to plow ahead without her, too.

Losses like that make it all the sweeter to see old friends popping back up once again! So here you are, and what a grand way to start the morning here in the northern hemisphere :-). Gotta run for now and get ready for Luna’s walk. She can’t go nearly as far these days, but she still gets just as excited to be going at all. And maybe by the time I get back, someone else will have joined in our chat. It’s just so darn good to see you!

Marianne

Oh goodness, Trish! Like Marianne my heart sped up when I saw Flynn's thread at the top of the board this morning! (here is where we need a heart icon! so just imagine a whole line of bright red happy hearts!) It is so good to hear from you again and especially good to hear such good things happening in your life. You sound as if you are happy with your place in life for the moment and I am so very glad for that! Enjoy Maggie....seems like she is a bright beacon bringing back memories you cherish while leaving the majority of the care and worry to your neighbor! Perfect situation....kinda like being an aunt - you love 'em then pass them back to mom and dad for the daily routines and care!

The wedding sounds lovely! My oldest niece is getting married this summer and at first they planned to hold it in Mexico which would have been wonderful but they finally decided to do it at the lake where she and her family have spent most of their summers. More of us will be able to attend this way. I am glad your folks are doing well and managing to continue on with their lives much as always. Getting older alone is tough so I am glad they have you as well as each other. Treasure every moment as I'm sure you do.

My heart breaks a little when I think of how our beloved home here has slowed. I so miss the days when we were all here, a family that shared so much more than Cushing's. But this place has given me so many friends that I believe will last a lifetime and memories I will hold dear til my last breath. I think I would have lost my wee little mind without this forum and the folk, and dogs!, that filled it, including you and our precious Flynn. His story is still used to help others facing adrenalectomies as is the invaluable list of questions you put together for us. You and Flynn imprinted on this place deeply and continue to help others.

All my babies are new since you were here last with the exception of Sophie who keeps on ticking thankfully tho she is mostly deaf now and suffers from her coyote attack more than before. My precious Trinket and Brick have joined their sister, Squirt, at The Bridge as have several others you didn't get to meet. These days I am owned by a big, healthy, male (ALLLLL the things I don't do in dogs! ) mutt named Bud who adopted me 3 1/2 years ago in spite of my intense efforts to find him another home. HE decided this was his new home and that was that! I think he is part Golden Retriever, part Carolina Dog, and part Wet Noodle - if it looks like you might pet him he goes limp and falls onto his back for easy access. Tilly is the newest addition - another foster fail. LOL She looks a bit like Squirt with wild yellow hair but is smaller and her personality is nothing like Squirt's. Squirt was fiercely independent but Tilly loves to be close at all times. She's been with us since April but it feels as if she has been here always - she is a perfect fit.

Drop in when you can and let us know how things are going! It has been such a delight to chat with you a bit this morning....I think my day will be muchly brightened now!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Yay!!!!! The night crew has returned!!!! I have missed you Trish!!!! I so long for the way the forum used to be. 24/7, there was always someone here to chat and keep others company. You and Mel covered the night shift oh so well. Chatting about everything and nothing at all. Just being together. Then bright and early the following morning the (US) east coast would awaken and take over, followed by the west coast a few hours later. I especially loved it when we would rally around a member and many of us would join in together for hours at a time. Those were the days! Tina would even be up with potty runs with Jasper and log on to join us for a chat. It seems like those days are gone, but they will always be cherished in my heart. Newbies still get help, but it is different.

So glad to hear that your folks are doing well. Mine are both still with me. They are in their late 80's now. They have numerous health challenges. Each day is a new adventure.

Buddy has been gone almost 6 1/2 years now. I will never get over his loss. Such a large, loving presence in that little body. He was not a dog. He was a mindful family member and is missed greatly.

So happy to hear that your kitties are doing well. It must be wonderful to have a new puppy next door. You get to be an auntie without all the responsibility. You little neice sounds adorable. Having a little one around, especially at the holidays, makes everything so much better!

Is Elle - alias devil cat, still around???

Please continue to return to us and post updates when you can. Thanks so much for dropping by!!
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 11-08-2019 at 10:22 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Quote Originally Posted by Budster's Mom View Post
    Yay!!!!! The night crew has returned!!!! I have missed you Trish!!!! I so long for the way the forum used to be. 24/7, there was always someone here to chat and keep others company. You and Mel covered the night shift oh so well. Chatting about everything and nothing at all. Just being together. Then bright and early the following morning the (US) east coast would awaken and take over, followed by the west coast a few hours later. I especially loved it when we would rally around a member and many of us would join in together for hours at a time. Those were the days! Tina would even be up with potty runs with Jasper and log on to join us for a chat. It seems like those days are gone, but they will always be cherished in my heart.
    Ain’t that the truth!!!! And it’s so great to be talking together again, even if just for a little while . OK, so now we have four of us, and I’m sending up some flares for others to join us, too. Ah yes, Tina! And does anybody have a way to contact Mel? It would be so lovely to see those girls again, too...

Anyway, Trish, we know you can’t stay forever. But you can’t leave us in suspense just yet. By popular demand, we want to hear what’s happened to Elle. And some more stories of your own would sure be welcome. Can you tell you’ve been missed?

Patiently awaiting further word,
    Marianne