Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miko has crossed the bridge

Default Miko has crossed the bridge

Miko has either crossed or is still crossing as of Monday 4/20 approximately 9:15 am. It was a shock when he lost all use of his right leg yesterday and then the left was going during the night. He was devastated to not be able to get out for potty in time. He had a difficult Friday evening and Saturday with panting and restlessness. His ACTH on Good Friday 4/10 was so good and so promising. This blindsided me. The Trilostane was helping the cushings. When I took him for acupuncture on Tuesday 4/14 the holistic vet said he was losing feeling in his legs from degenerative myelopathy. She said it wasn't painful and some day he just wouldn't be able to walk. What was so difficult was that when he was laying down he looked so content and with it. He was still eating and drinking and loving his cookies. But he did give me the look on Saturday and Sunday. And Sunday night he was so scared. Now he doesn't have to be scared anymore. I am heartbroken! This is the worst part and just have to be thankful for all the joy and fun he has given me for 12 years. It does bring me some comfort hoping I did everything I could do for him medically. Godspeed Miko, I love you. Christine

Default Re: Miko has crossed the bridge

Christine,

I am sorry that Miko has lost his final battle in this world. We all know you cared deeply for him and that you did all you could do.

I am sure he is waiting for you with a big smile on his face on the other side of the bridge.

Scott

Christine,
    My heart and thoughts are with you. There really is only so much you can do then it's time to be strong and make the right decisions for Miko. I am wishing you peace with your decision.
    Godspeed Miko.
    Jenny

Christine,

I was saddened to read about your precious Miko. You have been a wonderful Mom to Miko and I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending loving, healing thoughts for you.

Peace, sweet Miko.

Louise

Oh Christine,,, I'm so sorry. This is the thing we dreaded with our large dog - that he might be with us mentally but unable to walk. We had a brief taste of what that is like his last couple of days because he was too weak to get around on his own.

Bless you for setting aside your pain to do what was right for Miko.

My deepest sympathies,

Natalie

I'm so sorry Christine. I know how much you loved Miko.

(((Hugs)))
    Susy

Christine,
    I am so sorry for your loss. You have the comfort of knowing that did everything you could for him, and then gave him the ultimate gift of sacrificing your pain for his needs. It is so hard to do the right thing, but you did it.
    Godspeed Miko, run and play once again.
    ~ Mary Ann

Christine,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Miko is out of pain now and may the many memories of brighter days comfort you as you deal with your loss.

Hugs from me and mine,
    Kim

Christine,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Miko was quite the lucky guy to have such an incredibly loving Mom, a Mom that loved him enough to let him go. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Godspeed Sweet Miko.

Glynda

Dear Christine,
    I am so sorry for your great loss. I am sure Miko will be watching over you.
    John (Roxee's Dad)