Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 K9Cushing's Gathering

Default 2012 K9Cushing's Gathering

Alright, are we gonna try to have another gathering this year? I should have a little more funds this year but the sooner I know, the sooner I can put some back!

I suggest we throw out some ideas for locations that might allow more folks to make it. Since Arkansas is centrally located , I will offer the quaint little Victorian town of Eureka Springs. It is dog-friendly, actually everything friendly just about, and has some very unique shops. It is located in the Ozark Mtns. - in the part of the state I call God's country. Branson, MO is about an hour away.

http://www.eurekasprings.com/

Any other ideas welcome!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Default Re: 2012 K9Cushing's Gathering

Leslie,

Sounds wonderful but I am not sure we will be able to make it this year. I have looked at your link and it looks great.

Jen

I love Victorian and Eureka Springs looks beautiful. I'm not that great at geography but it looks to be centrally located. Show Low was not easy for folks airport wise. Is Eureka Springs easier to get to?

Ha! I thought about that very thing last nite, Glynda and I will have to check into it, but I don't think Eureka Springs will be AS easy to access as Show Low. I know there is an airport but folks would have to fly from Little Rock or out of MO somewhere on a puddle jumper into Eureka Springs I bet.

So, we will take that one off the table. BUT if you are ever in ARK or southern MO, you have to make time to at least drive through Eureka Springs, Arkansas. One of my all time favorite spots!

So more ideas??? Come on!

Don't give up yet, Jen!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Everyone can easily fly into New York I heard....

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Just saying.....

xo Jeanette

I am not giving up yet.

Jeanette we have a big airport here too...Melbourne Tullamarine

Jenny

LOL Jenny,

You're so funny Always wanted to visit Australia. Don't think I have the funds just yet for it though, but nice try. LOL.

Warm regards and tight hugs.

xo Jeanette

Dear Jen,

I has seen pictures of dem bugs ya'll gots over yonder? And we don't need no planes to get to you...just send some of dem flyin' critters over da pond and we'll mount up!

Come on be fair......

I wouldn't have thought we had any more bugs and creepy crawlies than over there and they don't all live at my place anyway.

Jenny

LOL John (Angelina's dad) has been showing Beth and I, who are scared of bugs, all the weird creatures he can find from ya'll's homeland. We are appropriately cautious now. LOL

Honestly, Australia is one of those places I have long wanted to visit...John's critters not withstanding. Such a vast diversity of plant and animal life; it would be heaven to see Cockatoos and Wombats in the wild and all the gorgeous flowers up close. I think I might be so overcome the bugs wouldn't even register.