Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays are hard...

Jeff, all I can say is, AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

We need PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marianne

P.S. I see you were posting pictures even as I was writing. So now all I can say is DOUBLE AAAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by labblab; 12-21-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: To add P.S.

How cuuute!!!! I am so happy for you, Jeff! Pebbles is a doll and I know she will warm your heart. Welcome to the world of Teacups where we worry about ounces VS pounds, hours between meals VS number of meals, and spend many hours a day hopping around on one foot looking for a teeny body before we set that clod-hopper on the floor.

Congratulations, Dad, and welcome to the family, Pebbles!

Hugs,
    Leslie, Squirt and Trinket
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Welcome Pebbles,

What a great Christmas present, Jeff. She is soooo cute and tiny.

Pebbles, I LOVE the name.

I am so happy for you.

Hugs,
    Addy

Welcome Pebbles! You are so tiny. Jeff-maybe you could go back and get that cute aussie as a brother/sister?

Well-I made it through the surgery and one week. I have to keep it wrapped up and in a boot for 7 weeks....and only then will I really know how it is all going.

I checked back on the puppies-where 4 expected turned out to be only 3. I guess no one changed their mind. I am now first on a list for puppies expected about 1/18. I've been trying to find pictures of Mom, and Dad and if I found the correct ones, I think this batch may be too large for us. I'm just going to wait until closer to the time they're due.

A good friend, my age, has a daughter, my son's age -and they are both only children. It's a very long story so I'll skip that part. Saturday AM I talked with my friend and things were fine. At 5pm she called me and said "My daughter died today." It was a blood clot in her lungs and my friend thinks this did not have to happen. Her daughter had recently moved west after having extensive surgery and health problems through the spring and summer. The docs out west would not take her on as a patient and it was too soon post-op. Apparently you should be about 2 years post-op for something big like she had before you change physicians.....the move made this very difficult for her, but she was flying back every two months for her follow-up check ups. She was just here right before Thanksgiving. Well-instead of someone being familiar with her case, after she had a seizure they were looking for a viral issue. They weren't looking or thinking about blood clots. She did not survive the second seizure, the next day. What do you say to someone? I just kept saying how sorry I was. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this.

On a much lighter note.......I am all finished wrapping and shopping. IT's a new milestone. And have 3 days left!! Perhaps I can get some of those little kitchen hand towels made. Or maybe some naps??!!

I'd better get to bed. It's really cold in the house now!!!

-Susan

Welome Pebbles and congratulations Jeff for finding her and giving her a great home. I know she will lighten your heart this Christmas.

Susan I hope you get your little one soon. Horrible news about your friends daughter, I cannot imagine what she is going through.

Peace and love and joy to all this holiday seasonMay you all be blessed with family, friends and lots of furry friends around you.
    Ellen, Sweet Angel Casey, Desi and Oreo

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone; Pebbles is definitely a bright spot in my life right now! She is just SO cute...we went to the vet for the first time today and the girls there just adored her. I have never had a dog THIS small, so it is an adjustment. Particularly when the vet is saying "give her 1/2 a millileter" of liquid vitamin and I can't figure out where the mark on the dropper is for such a small amount? Because there is none! LOL

I still have my eye on that Aussie girl...I liked her a lot. Was just a bit hesitant as my Mandy's breeder will (should?) have a litter in Jan/Feb...I'd like to get a pup from her, if possible. We shall see; Pebbles would benefit from having a friend her age!

Susan, that story is just SO troubling. Medical care in this country is just all screwed up...$$$ first, care second. But, you do hear stories like this out there.

Happy holidays to everyone!

Jeff, Angel Mandy & Pebbles

Oh Jeff....she's just adorable....you must be having so much fun!! What a Merry Christmas you're going to have....Welcome Pebbles!
    Looking forward to more updates on your new family member!
    Jo-Ann

Hi-
    Does it never end? Another friend was lost to cancer yesterday. That's two cancer deaths in one month.
    Our neighbor came by with Zoe yesterday-the springer spaniel puppy. Zoe is so very friendly. She's getting pretty big now-she must be 4 months or so. We live on a cul-de-sac and if the owner is out walking Zoe, Zoe always stares at our doorway looking for someone to come out. How cool is that? I wonder what Palmer would have thought with Zoe.,....something like....Wow! This is one big playmate!!

Take care all. Happy holidays! Best wishes for a healthy, happy 2011. Thanks for all of your support. It's been quite a year. You can find me behind the books on puppy training!!

-Hugs, kisses, and more hugs-
    Susan
    Last edited by Bailey's Mom; 12-23-2010 at 05:15 AM.

It's been almost a year since we lost Maggie, December 29 will be her angel day. I miss her every day. I posted a holiday picture of her in my album from a few years ago.
    Meanwhile Beth, your Bad Boys namesake is a sweet, funny, bundle on energy. My husband was never really sold on us having dogs so I find it very funny that Cailey has decided to be his girl. She has our "little old man" terrier Benny on an exercise regimen (play, play, play) and he has lost 5 pounds. The vet is thrilled.
    My son graduated from college (finally) last week and my daughter and our grand dog Emma have moved back home to save money for grad school so our nest is no longer empty (or quiet).
    Wishing all of you peace.
    Virginia, Angel Maggie, Benny, and Cailey

Happiness is an inside job

Merry Christmas Eve!
    Sure is quiet and not as merry without Palmer. He's in my heart.
    -Susan