Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Well, we are now a full week into the new year and another winter holiday season is behind us. On Sunday we took down the ornaments and drove our tree over to be recycled, so the living room is dark again and this holiday cycle truly feels "over" for me now.

I want to thank everybody who posted here this year, and I want to send out a group hug worldwide! And also to remind folks that even though the wreath may be down from the door, our holiday house remains open and available throughout the changing of the seasons. There are many other special days that may feel especially bittersweet to us: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day especially come to mind. So please feel free, anyone, to stop by again at any time and we'll rejoin you here.

In the meantime, thank you all for helping me through some very rough days myself. And I wish you all peace and comfort during the coming year!

Marianne

Ditto what Marianne said. I don't know what it would have been like if not to have this safe zone to come to during this past holiday season. (i'm glad it's over)
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Same here....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Ahem....drum roll, please!...OK guys, it's time to throw open the doors to our holiday house once again. Drat, we already missed Canadian Thanksgiving, but we've got Halloween coming right up. So here we go.

For any of our newbies, this is a thread where we can come and share our true feelings thru the holidays. Good times, and sad ones too. The holidays can trigger so many memories and so many mixed feelings. And especially when we're missing loved ones, it's good to have a place to come where it's OK to be real. No brave faces, no false smiles. Just real.

Last Halloween was my first without Peg, so I arrived here bright and early at the beginning of October. I REALLY needed a place to talk. I've just now read what I wrote back then, and I'm grateful that the pain is no longer as sharp for me. But I still miss her so very much, and especially at this time of year. My shiny black dog was always at her best at Halloween. So after putting up the decorations today, I just now lit a candle for her on our group page. A shining candle for my shiny black Halloween sweetheart.

So here we are and our house will stay open now, all through the holidays. Whenever anybody wants to stop by, we'll be here!

Marianne

Last halloween was our first without molly too. I get what you mean Marianne, it wasn't the same as when she was here. She hated the doorbell ringing and all the costumes made her bark her head off, but yet she didn't want to miss a one. Halloween felt "quiet" too quiet actually. The nice thing was that it was our grandsons first halloween so that made it better, but I admit I stayed out of the house as much as possible that night.

Expect I'll be popping in and out through the holiday season. I dread Christmas. last year sucked christmas without molly. This year I expect it will still suck and I'm hoping our daughter will have it at her house and then we can leave for somewhere, anywhere warmish, right afterwards. Remember last year they surprised me with the ornament with her picture and I burst into tears? I'm already anticipating the tears when I see it again this year and gently unwrap it to gaze on her precious little face.

ehhh fudge, now I'm all teary. fooey
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I have a picture of Lena's ornament on my phone and I look at it whenever I need to see her sweet little face. Truth is, I have tons of pictures in my phone, on my computer, etc. And there are millions in my mind and I pull them up all the time.

I miss my best friend, my confidante, my child...the one who knew me best...my little angel child.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I have a picture of molly as my phone screensaver. I love her face. Then a picture of her framed on my desk, a good size one. I miss her. I don't know Why the ornament did me in. I guess because it was a gift, when I wasn't expecting it or something. Hubby and daughter gave it to me.

Oh did I mention going to be a grandma again and this time it's a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Lucky you! Girls clothes are so much more fun to buy...I would go broke with a granddaughter

No one should ever have to lose anyone. Our precious angel babies knew our every thought and lived to make us happy. That was their purpose in life. The sheer joy of being welcomed home by someone so completely accepting and in love, is a feeling like no other.

The holidays roll around, which makes us miss them all the more. Family isn't complete without them. It doesn't get easier. At least, not for me.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!