Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Hugs to you Marge! Two years ago, on the 21st, I lost my dear Lucy cat. The holidays meant nothing to me. All I wanted was Lucy at my side again. I'm sorry for your loss of Fritz and for his absence this Christmas in your life. I pray for you healing over the days, weeks, and months to come. It does sound as if happiness might be soon ahead for you.

Sorry for this rough season, Addy. May you get some needed rest.

Yes, Marianne, it would be lovely to go back in time and make things stay the same. Then again, I remember the last time I said this to someone. I got the wise response that to make things stay the same would be to miss out on all the lovely things of the future. Those words came from my boyfriend who had just broken up with me and who incidentally now is my husband. To go back time, I would still have all my beloved pets. But I would miss out on the family of critters I now have. Ah, to have both! I enjoyed your photos. Thanks for posting them! May your Christmas be good, even if different.

To everyone else, I wish you a blessed Christmas. May memories bring you joy. Let the new year be a a time of recovery from grief and a better one in every way.

As for me, as I said at the start, two years ago this month, I lost my dear Lucy cat. She was an affectionate and loyal friend. So much of what I do now for animal welfare is her honor.

This season I've kept so busy, Christmas is only now sneaking up on me. Since the summer, we've gotten two new cats, including a kitten. It'll be interesting to see what they make of gifts and holiday food.

I've enjoyed poking around here since our adopted dog's death in the spring and reading people's stories. In the new year, I'll try to do more of this and maybe share a few more tales of our full critter household.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Allison, it's so good to see you here! Thanks so much for writing, and definitely we will be watching for more stories in 2016.

Also, I just want to take a moment to remind everybody of our special candle-lighting site. At this time of year, my own heart is especially drawn to the candles and the light that they bestow. If anyone wishes to light a candle at any time, just follow the instructions here:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517

Marianne

Marianne, the candle lighting page hasn't worked for me in quite some time. I am able to view our K9C Candles, but when I light one, it doesn't show up with the others. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Kathy

Hmmmmm....I dunno what the problem could be.

You're sure you're including K9C or k9c within the actual body of your message?

Yes, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by labblab View Post
    You're sure you're including K9C or k9c within the actual body of your message?

I am really puzzled then. I have consistently been lighting candles with no problem. So I just don't know what is going wrong for you.

"Auld Lang Syne"...

For the sake of old times.

I don't know all the lyrics, but I surely do hum along with the music each and every New Year's Eve -- with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. What a privilege to have shared my life with my loved ones, human and four-legged, physically still present or here with me in spirit alone.

Cheers to the old times, and Cheers to the new times that still await us. May the New Year bring a measure of comfort and peace to all our family.

Hello Friends:

The holidays have come and gone. Turning 50 this year, meant that I was due for a colonoscopy which was done 2 days before Christmas. Yes, it fell on the one year anniversary of my dad's passing. But the after effects of the anesthesia got me through Christmas.(Better than booze.) I don't remember much, a blur you would say. (I knew something good would came out of doing that test.) We had the family over on Christmas. My sister brought her invited dogs over for dinner. It took the edge off of missing Fritz (Christmas marked 2 months for Fritz.). Fritz left a gapping whole in my heart and his paw prints left the evidence behind. I miss him.

I had to tell his and Wally's stories this past weekend to convince a small breeder that we were the right parents for her puppy. All the emotions just hit me. As I was making my case for this little guy, all the little things that came rushing back to me about my guys. Plenty of tears were shed as I did this. I think in the end, it was meant that I did this. Remember and not forget, but also welcome and start anew.

At the end of the month, Mark and I are welcoming a new puppy into our home. Everyone says that puppies are a lot of work, but no one that says this ever dealt with the medical issues that I have.

I can never say that I would be completely ready for a pup. But once he is in my arms, I don't think I can ever let him go.

Wish us luck.
    Happy New Year and New Beginnings.
    Marge

Oh Marge, I wish you luck a thousand times over!!!!!!!

I cannot think of a better way to close our annual holiday thread than to look forward to the arrival of your new baby. By next holiday season, you will have so many adventures to tell us about, and also new rituals to be born alongside your puppy. The circle of love will continue unbroken: from Fritz to Wally P to Little Mister.

Please, please, please begin a new thread for "our" baby on "Everything Else" whenever the mood strikes you. Sending my best wishes to you all!

Marianne

A puppy is so exciting. We will want to hear all about it of course. What a journey will be beginning all over again.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)