Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Thank you for this thread. I am sorry I did not see it last year.

Jeanette, peace to you. I know/have known much too many who have had to walk your road. My own Mom died from cancer the day she turned 64. I am so sorry for what you have had to bear. I know how that made it extra hard that Princess was not with you.

I am remembering Peaches and Palmer. In my 30's, we lost all four of our parents, at separate times, and we lost Peaches. Palmer was just 3 years ago. It's incredible how the waves of sorrow can surprise me still. We let them into the deepest parts of our hearts and their absence is difficult to bear.

I wish all a very happy Thanksgiving. I'll be around, if you need a hug.

-Susan
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

Awww, Linda and Susan, it's so good to have you join us, too!

And Jeanette, you were the last person on my mind last night and the first one I'm thinking about this morning. I'm starting up the coffee and can't help but think about those holiday Folger's coffee commercials here in the U.S. -- where it's Christmas morning and a special loved one has come from a distance and slipped in the house and put on the coffee and everybody wakes up to the thrill of reunion. Well, that's how I feel about seeing you pop up here!

It feels like a holiday morning!!! Hey, Everybody, wake up 'cause Jeanette's home!!!

Jeanette! So glad you finally feel strong and free enough to share with your whole family here! WOOHOO! You're BAAACK!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Dearest Sweet Jeanette-

I have thought and worried about you often, so when I saw your post here, my heart skipped a beat.

You are here, you are alive, and as Marianne send, you came home for the holidays and oh, dear Jeanette, thank you so much for the tight hugs that only you can give.

Your courage is an inspiration to us all.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

About a week after I was diagnosed with breast cancer I dashed to Cindys side for comfort and support. Then this girl called Arelis ( pronounced a-rel-is was writing me about breast cancer. I had no idea who she was. I did not even read her emails. Then Cindy said... You really should read arelis's emails. Well I complained I don't even know who she is! Cindy wrote back - yes you do... Arelis is Jeanette! OMG! Of coarse I know Jeanette! After that the two of us have spent hours cying on each other's shoulder and compairing notes . I cant tell you how thrilled I am she finally told you!
    Sorry Arelis I guess now they know you name now too. (Sheepish smile).
    Last edited by Altira; 11-19-2014 at 05:44 AM.
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.

Oh Janis, here you are joining us, too!! Welcome in, girl!!! . And with what a story to tell . OK both you gals, you now gotta tell Cindy to catch a car, bus, train, plane or whatever to come knockin' on our front door, too. We need Cindy home for the holidays. Tell her we've got a place all set at the table and she needs to get her butt over here pronto!

Oh dear family,

You can't begin to know how heartwarming it is to be back and read all your cheerful, comforting and loving wishes. I have missed every one of you. Each day, I am reminded in the midst of uncertainty, pain and turmoil, what many great Blessings I still have in my life. You are all my treasured Blessings. I Praise God for treasured Blessings.

I love you all heart & soul.

XO

Ps: Marianne, I just love your mind at work. That comparison to the folgers commercial made me LOL and cheered me up so much I had to go put on a pot. You are the best!

Janis! I am so glad you two got together during this most trying time in your lives. We can love you both, sympathize with your plights, worry about you...but only those who have walked your shoes can truly relate and I am so so happy you found each other!

How is Cindy?! I wrote and wrote to her but never got a reply and was worried.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Forgive me Cindy... but anyone who knows me knows I am terrible at keeping secrets.
    Cindy has the cutest dog ever called Bailey. And a sign in her room that says "Who rescued who?" Sheepish smile.
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.

Awww Janis, you don't have to worry cuz we already knew about Bailey -- Cindy was in the middle of new doggie training "challenges" when last we heard from her . So it's great to get this update and to find out what a cutie she is!