Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Red face Re: Holidays can be hard...

Theresa, I am so very sorry for your losses. There is no doubt in my mind that your baby girl, Nicole, was there to meet Koda when he crossed over. I am also sure that they will watch over you and your family until it's time to meet again.

Rest in peace Nicole and Koda.

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

In all honesty, this has been the most difficult Season since my daughter passed away in ’06. Letting Tasha go around the same time just added to. Memories of family and babies gone before have been so close, bringing both tears and laughter. And about the time I was getting my feet back under me, the shooting at Sandy Hook occurred. There are no words to describe what that did to my Soul. All I could think about was those poor parents who would open closets and look under beds to see presents that would never be opened. I know about those presents. I still have those presents.

Gia and I collected ornaments throughout her lifetime. Every Dec. 26th, we were standing in line at the crack of dawn in front of high end stores we could never afford to shop in, our Christmas money clasped tightly in hand. We would gather all the ornaments that we liked, then go off by ourselves with our cart and sort them, choosing the ones we could afford to buy with great excitement. Once home, they would be lovingly packed away with the rest, anticipating next year when they would hang on our tree. Most of the ornaments we bought were glass and quite fragile, and there are those we made as well as some from when my mom was young. When Gia’s oldest son was born, we used those ornaments his first Christmas then put them away until he was older. We got soft, unbreakable ornaments to use meantime.

This year, I was able to put up the Glass Tree. It is set in my bedroom at the foot of the bed where I can see the ornaments we gathered over the years. Every night I turn the lights on and feel my child near for a little while. One of Tasha’s beds is lying under the tree where she left it and that seems fitting. I allow the sorrow to come in all its manifestations then light a candle in gratitude to honor my Beloved Dead. Each was a gift, each brought many Blessings, and each has taught this old bag of bones about living as a Spiritual being.

My Journey will one day end as well and I hope they find me worthy of the Blessings they so freely gave. Until that day, I will continue to mourn and celebrate their lives in equal measure to the best of my ability.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie, thank you for sharing the milestone of your precious Glass Tree with us. What you have written touches me more deeply than words can convey. So I close my eyes and imagine your tree in all its glory, and I find myself in a place where no words are needed. Because the feelings are all that really matter.

In loving memory, always, of all those who are near and dear to us all ~
    Marianne

Just a few more hours remain for me before turning over the old year and ringing in the new. I've just been to our "Remembering" thread and allowed my mind and heart to rest for a moment on each one of the names that have been entered there during this past year. On one hand, it is beyond sad to see so many loved ones listed there. But on the other hand, it settles my own spirit to know that they are all together and that we are able to honor them always.

There is nothing that would please me more than to think that we would not need to begin a new list in 2013. I hope against hope that many days will pass in the coming year before the list begins. But that is not for any of us to know or decide. What I do know is that it helps so much to know that we have a family here, each of whom cares and understands how much our dogs matter. Each of whom knows how much it hurts when they are no longer by our sides. And each of whom will do their best to support us when we need help.

So in honor and memory of all those who passed on during this past year, I salute you and I salute our family. I hope the new year will bring solace and comfort to us all!

Marianne

Amen, Marianne and Happy New Year everyone.

You said it best for all of us Marianne.

Happy New Year to all.
    Sharlene and Molly Muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Beautiful words here that are spoken from the heart. They are not ours to keep but to be loved and cherished and then set free. We honor all we have lost and always remember.

Thank you for all the beautiful words that we can clutch to our hearts.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Is it possible that another holiday season is almost upon us??? Once again, I am "bumping up" this thread so that it will be here in case anyone wants to pause and add a note during these coming days and weeks. We will all be "Home for the Holidays" right here.

Hugs to all,
    Marianne

Thank you Marianne for bumping this thread up. Several of us may need a little help dealing with the holiday season without our fur babies.

Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Oh Kathy you are so right about that. I'm already dreading these holidays because that's when Tia got sick. I'm sure to be here many times for my virtual hugs.

Donna