Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Dawn I am so very sorry to read your news. You wonder sometimes just how much in this life of bad things can be thrown at you before you cannot take anymore. Somehow we go on though, plod through and somewhere, sometime life is worth it again. I cannot believe the struggle some us are dealt. My heartfelt sympathies are with you especially this time of year.

On another note, I actually dropped by the forum to wish the absolute wonderful family here a Very Merry Christmas, and only the very best in the New Year.

It is still difficult for me to come on here, you would think after 4 years it would be easier, and I guess it is a little, but all in all still a heartache.

Ok.... enough of the sadness for now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE......REMEMBER THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Thank you Judi. I know you understand . I am tired of sadness and pain . No more fur babies or loves for me . Hope everyone will have a Happy New Year . A coming year of good health , happiness and peace .
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 12-31-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Dear Judi and Dawn,

Thank you so much for all your well wishes, and I join in wishing our K9C family much peace and comfort in this new year. So many challenges are faced by so many of us, and the love and support of our dear little family helps to carry us all through together. I wish only the best for us all.

Happy New Year, indeed!

Love, Marianne

I know our winter holiday season is now far behind us, but it’s not until today that I’ll be packing away my own decorations. And I wanted to add one more note here to explain why I’ve been so scarce during the past month. I was feeling so good about being well-prepared for Christmas this year — the tree was up, the presents bought, the cards had been sent, the menus were planned. And then, one week beforehand, I pulled up the last email I was ever to receive from my beloved mom. At age 99, she was still sharp as a tack, and we emailed back and forth every day. The email title was “A matter of concern...” and she proceeded to tell me that she had awakened that morning frighteningly short of breath. Didn’t call me, mind you — but emailed me so as not to worry me unduly. The rest of the past month is a blur. Something catastrophic had gone wrong with her heart and she was way beyond wanting any intervention. So we enlisted hospice, she told them exactly what she did and did not want to have done, we loved on her 24/7, and during the early morning hours of Sunday, she relinquished her hold on this world. I like to think she had a front row seat for the lunar eclipse that night. She would have loved that.

She was not only my mother, she was my best friend. Only now am I finally allowing some of the pain to set in, and I will miss her so dearly. For so many reasons, it will be so bittersweet to pack away the decorations today for the Christmas that was not to be. A blink of an eye, and the holidays are gone this year along with my mom. There is still a lot to be done, and it’ll be a while before I’m back here again in full force. But I’ve still been reading and following along with my family here, and I still wish everybody my best for whatever lies ahead of us in this new year to come. Truly, peace and comfort and love remain my hope for us all until the day comes that we reopen the doors to our holiday house once again.

Dearest Marianne,

Today I have been going through stories I have written, thoughts of mine, snippets through the years. I came across a letter I had written the first Christmas I spent without my mother. It gave me pause and reflection.

I took a break and decided to stop by the forum. I saw your last post and my heart sank with sadness, reading it.

Nothing prepares us for the loss of our mother, no matter how long they may live. It changes, I think, who we are in an unexpected way.

I can smile now when I think of my mom and I hope you can too when the loss is not so fresh and new.

But I can still feel sadness too and I can understand my mother now, better, perhaps than I did when she was alive.

Big hugs, Marianne and perhaps next year, if appropriate, I will share my Christmas letter written to my mother.

I am so, so very sorry.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Marianne, I am devastated for you to read your news. I am so sorry. You are such a huge support and comfort for us here, and you should take as much time as you need to grieve and go through the process of losing your mother, especially this time of year. Sounds like your mother was in control till the very end and that is truly a blessing in it's own. My own mother spent her last weeks in care, and I know how difficult it can be. Please know that I will be thinking of you over the next several weeks, and as you look back take comfort knowing how blessed you were to have her in your life so long. My deepest sympathies going out to you.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Dear Marianne , my heart was filled with sadness with the news of your mother`s passing . What a special relationship you two had . May the sweet and loving memories of your life together comfort you . Love is forever .

Marianne, I am just seeing the sad news of your mom's passing and I am so terribly sorry for your loss. There are no words of comfort that can ease the pain of losing the one person in your life who made you you. I love you very much and you will not be far from my mind for weeks to come as I know how difficult the coming days will be.

(((Huge Consoling Hugs)))

Your k9c sister, Glynda

Well, beloved K9C family, I’ve dusted off the doors to our holiday house and we’re officially open for business once again! It does feel a bit odd to be kicking off the northern hemisphere autumn holiday season at a moment when my outdoor thermometer is registering 99 degrees :-((((. Today we officially set a heat record here in Atlanta both for the day and also for the most 90 degree days in a single year. Sooooooooo tooooooo hot, that’s for sure. But cooler weather is supposed to finally flow in overnight, I couldn’t resist buying the perfect pumpkin I saw at the store today, and my fireplace mantel is now all set up with my traditional Halloween ghosts and black candles. So my thoughts immediately turned to our holiday house here ;-). In addition to Halloween, we’re open well in advance of Canadian Thanksgiving, too, on 10-14. So if anybody else is in the mood to chat during the coming days, we’ll be here!

I just now poured myself a glass of wine and read back through this entire thread from the very beginning back in 2010. Goodness, so many memories. So. Many. Memories. So much has changed for me, personally, as well as for so many other members of our family. But what a gift to feel so supported by everyone who’s ever added a note here. Through the good times and bad, what a gift to have a safe place to turn.

My last posting here last year was to tell you all about my mom’s death. So I’ll just start out this year’s postings by saying that I know her absence will be central to how I feel about the holidays this year, as well. But not so much Halloween. For some reason, although I love Halloween dearly, it never really caught her fancy and she never joined in the festivities. So our October celebration will be pretty much the same as always, except for especially missing Peg, our shiny black Halloween dog...

Anyway, as I say, I couldn’t resist going ahead and reopening this thread in the event anybody else wants to stop on by. I’ll be watching out for you!

Marianne

I really enjoy Halloween too! One of my TV channels is airing Halloween movies all of this month, one of favorites is Hocus Pocus, I just love Bette Midler in that movie!

My niece's daughter, Misty (who just turned 5 years old in July!) told me that she is going to be a wolf this year for trick or treating! Last year she went as a cat and was super cute, can't wait to see her get-up this year!

I released my last monarch last week, which made the total of 103! They are such beautiful creatures!!! The yellow mums I planted last year are starting to bloom now, they look so pretty! Most of the leaves have fallen from the trees, which means that I'll need to have my gutters cleaned out soon, there's always something that has to be done around this house!

Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween!!

Lori