Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Wow!! That's a lotta doctors! Someone should be able to get to the bottom of it all. The cast used to be up around my neck like a neru collar. I was getting my ears pierced one time from a woman across the street, my grandmother was going to have hers done and talked me and my sister into it. When my neighbor pushed the needle in one lobe I leaned so far over that I cut off my breathing and passed out. She was a nurse, so no one panicked, but that was the end of that...one ear almost pierced! I finally got them done when I turned 50! LOL!

I personally hate wearing bras, so any excuse not to wear one works for me. They sit right on the spot wear the rods end and irritate me.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

That’s a lotta doctors for sure, Kathy :-(((((. I hope you start getting some answers ASAP, as well as a decent treatment plan! Getting old sucks, generally. But getting old with health problems REALLY sucks. In honesty, I’ve been really lucky through the years, but just within the last six months my body has finally started to feel “old” with all sorts of miscellaneous aches and pains. It’s a bummer. I don’t really know how I injured my knee, either. But Wednesday’s report is that I have a torn meniscus that may or may not heal on its own. Assuming it doesn’t worsen, we’re gonna give it another couple of months before going in for a surgical repair. But the “assuming it doesn’t worsen” part will be key because if I take a mis-step and retwist it, I’m dead meat. Please tell that to Miss Luna when I’ve got her out on the leash and she sees a squirrel...or a bird...or a person...or another dog...or a leaf blowing...

Well, it’s now been a week since our glorious snowfall. We still have a few small piles of snow in sheltered areas, and the remnants of the largest snowmen still dot the neighborhood. In contrast, though, the weirdest thing is that all the petunias in my windowbox are still alive and even blooming! That is way odd for us this time of year. Even after snow and nights in the mid-20s, those happy petunias just keep lifting their heads each morning and bloom away, right next to the Christmas wreath. It makes me think of Addy’s signature line about memory being the power to gather roses in winter. I guess my petunias are there to remind me that unexpected gifts can be revealed, even in the midst of hard times. So there you have it — my morning moment of reflection to start off our day ;-).

Marianne, one sign that our fur babies are still with us and communicating with us, is flowers blooming when or where they shouldn't be. I don't know if you believe in signs from our beloved pets, but it could be Peg letting you know she's still with you. That's the first thing I thought when I read your post.

Last year we had an Iris blooming in November when it shouldn't have been. It was lilac fringed with purple. We named it Lena's Iris.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Awwwwwwwww Joan. What a supremely sweet thought and suggestion. Peg’s Petunias. I love it!

I hope you will see another flower this winter, too, my friend.

Oh Joan ,you do help me feel better. My baby and your baby were so much alike.I like talking about her. I do think like you ,that in a way they are still with us . And send us signs .When you talked about the flowers , my heart felt joy . I planted a miniature rose bush for my baby .it is a bubblegum pink . It blooms year round most of the time . The thing about it ,it always blooms in roses of two .Always so close together . I think it's a sign from my baby of our everlasting love we shared and still do .although at times it makes me cry ,it makes me feel happy . Mommy loves you baby .

I think it is, Dawn...two hearts always together. It must be beautiful! Upload a picture I would love to see it...why don't you dry some and make something special for her.

I am busy decorating my tree. All of Lena's ornaments surround a picture of her. Her special ornaments, the carriage that she rode in in Williamsburg when she was 1 1/2, all the poodle ornaments we gave her, the ones she (I) gave to her Daddy, and the memorial ones after she left us.

I'm thinking I should do paw print ornaments of the rest of them while they are still here. I have her prints from the ER that they did after she died, before they brought her sweet little body to me. I am still waiting for my husband to paint it, but I think he just can't. Maybe I'll do it myself. This is my second Christmas without her.

I'm going to start making my Xmas Shortbreads either today or Monday. Ever since Lee died, I decide not to do them, but then I remember how much she loved it. As soon as my big mixer came out, she would park herself in the kitchen at my feet waiting for a taste of the dough, which she got from each batch! I used to bring one of her beds into the kitchen so she wouldn't have to sit on the cold, hard floor. Another special time with my little angel.

I think our girls are together watching over us and looking forward to the time we will be reunited.

Merry Christmas, dear Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlegirl View Post
    ...I planted a miniature rose bush for my baby .it is a bubblegum pink . It blooms year round most of the time . The thing about it ,it always blooms in roses of two .Always so close together . I think it's a sign from my baby of our everlasting love we shared and still do .although at times it makes me cry ,it makes me feel happy . Mommy loves you baby .
    Dear Dawn, I know there are such things as “Sweetheart Roses.” Whether or not the bush you planted is officially such a rose, it surely is one in spirit! You and your baby are two sweethearts joined forever, just like the roses. Like Joan says, your roses sound beautiful, and perfect just like your sweet baby girl. Thank you for telling us about your roses. They make me smile and warm my own heart on this chilly winter morning!

Love, Marianne

Another Christmas morning is here, and once again, Luna and I are the first ones awake. It is still dark aside from the twinkling lights on the tree. They are so beautiful, and they remind me of all the sweet spirits who have brightened my llfe. Merry Christmas to all our family. Merry Christmas to all our beloved, whether physically present or physically absent. May this day be filled with comfort and healing thoughts and prayers. May the ache in our hearts be soothed by precious memories. Even though genuine happiness may elude us in the midst of our loss, may the past and present merge for us all in a shining moment of peacefulness. “All is calm, All is bright.”

Merry Christmas to our K9C Family, around the world and back again!
    Marianne

Merry Christmas Marianne . And to all my family here.

Thank you so much, Dawn. Sending my warmest wishes right back at you!!