Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays are hard...

The above post was @4:30-it's now two hours later. This is very rough. I soooooooooo need Palmer.

I'm thinking of you, Susan, and so wishing I could think of something brilliant to say to ease the ache. But I know there are no words that will do that. I am closing my eyes and beaming you hugs from across the miles. And I will light a Christmas candle in honor of your sweet Palmer.

Marianne

Missing you so much Spicey, especially today.

Love and kisses, Mum x

And now, for me in my time zone, it is Christmas morning...

Already such a mixture of feelings for me. So grateful for the loved ones who are still physically present; very much missing those who are not. The past and the present join together in my heart and in my memories.

I'm heading off to light another candle right now. For anyone else who wishes to join in, here is a link to our special candle-lighting site:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=K9C

It will be beautiful to see the glow of all our Christmas candles, all through the day and night. I hope it will help to warm all of our hearts.

With my best wishes to all,
    Marianne

And now it is the day after Christmas. Christmas eve included a very bad argument with my husband and a lot of tears. Christmas day went smoothly. I often thought of Palmer, told him I was missing him, and continued on. Christmas without a fur ball just is not how I'd like to have it be.
    I lit a candle for Palmer. That does help. The hugs are very helpful. We'll get through this. I did find that dinner at the "formal" table was easier than it was on Thanksgiving. As I I am aware, going through all those "firsts" can be very difficult. I feel at least that I am walking through this one........experiencing the emotions. I can feel my fluffy friend. He is here.
    Best wishes to all and huge thanks to all.
    -Susan

Default Holidays can be hard...

I started a thread this same way last November. I hope it was a comfort last year, and that it will be a comfort once again. We are a family that spans the globe, bearing our sad losses together and holding one another up, all together. So once again, here is a thread that can be our "home" for the holidays. Here we go...

These last few weeks have been so tough for our family here. And the holidays are especially hard, no matter whether the loss was yesterday or ten years ago. So I thought I'd start a thread where people can check in, if they want. It'll be here all through the holidays. And if anybody has a special memory to share, we will love to hear about it. And if anybody is having an especially hard day, we'll be here to listen and join in a group hug. Because that's what we do. We laugh and cry together. And that's the way we continue to honor our loved ones, all through the holidays.
    Marianne

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

And for those who may not already know about our special candle-lighting site, here is a link:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...m?l=eng&gi=K9C

All through the holidays, we can keep our candles burning bright. Shining with comfort and warmth. The candles will keep shining through our tears, and remind us that love never dies.

Marianne

Thank you Marianne,

Just taking a moment to remember my Roxee and Mickee. It will be difficult going through the holidays and missing all their little quirks. They would always get excited and knew that when the tree went up, it meant special treats and a load of toys. I can still see Roxee looking at the gifts under the tree..then looking at me and waiting until I said OK... She always knew exactly which package contained her favorite toy and loved ripping it apart. Mickee would always be close by reminding us not to forget his special treats.

I have been taking every opportunity to enjoy as much time as I can with Rozee, (Roxee's littermate sister) and LittleBit. Rozee always waits for the big bag of toys to get dumped so she can jump into the middle of them she is getting older, 16 now, but still loves her stuffed toys. LittleBit is still learning that life in our home is about fun, playtime and cuddle time... it will be her 2nd Christmas with us. I think she likes it here

Miss my Roxee girl and My Mickee boy........
    John (Roxee & Rozee's Dad)

It is Christmas morning, and the doggie girls and I are the first ones awake. It is still dark, and so the lights from the tree gleam so beautifully. In just a little while, coffee will be brewing and "Merry Christmas!" will ring throughout the house. But right in this moment, I stand by the tree and remember Christmases Past, and shed a little tear for the loved ones who are with us today in spirit alone. Oh, for just one more moment together, one more hug. Just one more Christmas...

But the light from the tree shines so brightly. And so does our love. I will always remember. And I will always miss you all, until the day that we are reunited once again.

Merry Christmas to all my beloved angels. Peace be with you, now and forever ~
    Marianne

I decided to "bump up" this thread once again, just in case anybody has a thought or memory that they'd like to share throughout this holiday season. For me, when I think of my angels, the holidays always bring both smiles and tears. And it feels good to know there is a place where I can come and talk, no matter which way I'm feeling.

Don't worry, Spirit Barkis, I'll be saving a bite of turkey for you, just like I do every year! I miss you so much.

Marianne