Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all our members up north :-)))))))))))))

Marianne

Happy Thanksgiving dear family!

I hope this post finds you all well.

I imagine a great feast taking place at the rainbow bridge while all our pups look down on us, hoping to see a smile and hear our laughs.

Koko is 11 or 12 and is doing well. I was going to post some pixes but the files are too large so I will have to try to resize them. Koko still loves to travel and loves going to hotels. He is still the most grateful dog and so sweet. My brother added a puppy to his family and though Brody is larger than Koko, they have a great time playing. I am thankful Koko has a dog friend to play with and relate to.

I am still working, no retirement yet, lol. Hard to leave after 30 years and I can’t leave the work dogs just yet.

I may not stop by very often, it is still very hard as Zoe memories come flooding back and the memories of all those precious pups I knew so well that are with her.

Please know you are all always in my heart.
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Oh Addy, how wonderful to see you back with us today!!! Ever since awakening this morning, I’ve been thinking of all our angels, too. It’s a day of Thanksgiving for so many things, most especially a day of thanks for all the joy and love that our dear fur babies brought into our lives. And thankfulness, too, for the friendships that bind our little family together here.

I love it that Coco is still enjoying his life and his travels! Please give him a great big hug from his Auntie Marianne. And of course I am sending a great big hug to you, as well! Thanks so much for stopping by today, Addy. We love you!

What a wonderful surprise! It is so good to hear from you again, Addy! I, too, believe all our babies are together in the Rainbow Fields watching over us as they play together, waiting for that day when we will be reunited. It brings me comfort to think of them so - whole and well and strong and happy together.

I am glad Koko is doing well and pray his continues to do so, filling your life with purpose and joy for a very long time to come.
    Stop by when you can and always know you are remembered and loved by your family here always.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Well, it’s a very rainy December 1st here in my part of the world. We’ve been having unseasonably cold weather for the past week, so I was rooting for some snow. But yesterday the winds shifted and all this warmer moisture is heading up from the Gulf. Even though Luna is happy to splash in the puddles and get all wet and muddy (typical Lab :-), her mom is not. So I’m guessing there’ll be no walks today. Poor puppy girl!

We had a small, quiet, very lovely Thanksgiving — just Luna, hubby, my mom, and me. I think Christmas will be quiet, too, which is just fine with me. We have our tree soaking in a bucket of water in the basement and probably will wait until next weekend to put it up. We always leave it up until recycling day comes around after New Year’s, so that’s a pretty long stretch to try to keep it fresh once it’s upstairs in the heat.

Me being me, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about absent family and friends, including friends made here over the years on the forum. So many dear ones from all over the world! It’s been pretty quiet on the forum lately, and I miss those doggies and their parents very much. But the trade-off has been the delight of knowing them all during the time they were here. That has been so special, always.

Lately it seems I’ve been dreaming a lot, too, about dear ones who’ve passed. I got to hug Peg again last week, and I was stunned because even in my dream I knew it couldn’t/shouldn’t really be happening. It felt so wonderful to touch her warm fur, but it was so fleeting — and I was so stunned — that I had no chance to really savor it. In a way, it just made me miss her more when I woke up. Just now I dreamed I was chatting with a friend who passed a couple of years ago. It was more extended and felt so good while it was happening. But again, now I’m awake and I miss her so much in my “real” life. But maybe that’s where I’m missing the boat. Maybe I’m missing the connection. Maybe the dreams are just trying to show me that nobody we love is ever truly absent from us in spirit. Just like that wonderful quote of Leslie’s. But still, I wish for more. I am greedy and perhaps ungrateful for the very gifts I’ve been given.

So it’s a quiet rainy morning to start off December. It’s a quiet rainy morning that gives me plenty of time to think, which for me is sometimes good and sometimes not so much...

I wish Lena would come to me, Marianne. If she has, I've forgotten the dream as I wake up. I would love to feel her in my arms again and kiss her sweet little face; hear her sigh as she would settle close to my heart; hold her up and kiss her potbelly. I get plenty of signs, but I would just love to hold her again.

It's been raining here too. My guys all come in from the backyard with their muddy paws! I shouldn't complain, right now they are all well, no one has had to go to the vet in weeks. I looked out the back door yesterday and Gable was standing on top of a trunk we put the outdoor cushions in. I took some pictures, but can't get them to upload. He is really feeling his oats lately! I put a chair closer to him so he wouldn't jump off and break anything. He always liked to be up high so he could see everything. He used to climb the playground steps and sit on top before this all started.

I bought Sibbie a new Xmas dress. She will look adorable. Doree can wear Sibbie's from last year. I miss seeing my two girls in their Christmas tee shirts. I just can't bring myself to have Sibbie wear Lee's.

Other than that, we're getting ready for Christmas. I'm not decorating as much as I used to, I just don't have the energy after my 3 1/2 hour commute to/from the city every day, plus I'm getting too old to do it all myself. It's time to tone down!

Merry Christmas, my dear friend...and to all of my dear friends here on the forum!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Hi to my friends and family here. November 16 was my third year without my baby . I miss her and love her so much . I still cry every day for her . Sometimes a few tears and other days a flood opens up . But now another heartbreak in my life has come . The sweet man I was engaged to passed away Thanksgiving Eve . He was only 45 . How does one go on ? How does one celebrate the holidays ? I truly hope my family here has a great holiday season . And please give thanks to the people and pets in your life . We never know how long we will have them .

Oh my dear Dawn! I’m stunned to read this news about your fiancé! I am sorry beyond words to read about this new heartbreak in your life. There can be such joy and beauty in life, but also such sorrow and pain. It seems so incredibly unfair that you should be dealt this new blow. Thank you so much for coming back to tell your family here. We’re standing right beside you, once again and always. Always in support of you, and always in loving memory of the sweethearts who have been lost to you on this earth. May the circle of love remain unbroken, though. I do believe, in my heart of hearts, that love is forever. And forever loving, and forever loved, you shall be.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs, my dear friend.
    Marianne

Oh Dawn, how sad! I'm so sorry.

We are celebrating differently this year. My mom who has Alzheimer's has been in and out of the hospital and rehab for the last couple of months and probably won't be able to come to our house Xmas Eve like she usually does. My sister and her family will come anyway, and one of my brothers who does not celebrate the holidays, will stay with my mom...it will be different.

I started making my shortbreads last week and could only think of how much Lena loved them. I missed having her sitting in her bed in the kitchen waiting for a taste of the dough from each batch. When I Skyped with Melissa, the animal medium, the summer after Lena died, she said that Lena was telling her something about some special bread that Lena liked. At the time I said bagels, because I couldn't figure out what she meant. It wasn't until Christmas when I started making the shortbreads that I realized what it was. Every year I say I'm not going to make them anymore, but my baby loved them and I can't disappoint her.

i thought you might enjoy that story, Dawn. I hope it makes you smile and realize that our loved ones never really leave us.

Love,
    Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you Marianne and Joan .Wishing everyone a nice Christmas.