Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Holidays can be hard...

Default Re: Holidays can be hard...

We had Christmas at my brother's last night and it was really nice. I got to meet 2 new additions to the family - my youngest niece's new hubby and oldest grandson's fiance'. They had all banded together and got a Google Nest Hub for me. Have no earthly idea what that is but they were all very excited about it so I profusely thanked them all. I DO know that my house ain't very smart sooooo.....we will see. LOL There were lots of dogs present as well so I was quite content. Still have a couple of small gatherings to come then it will be back to the norm.

Been a busy day but just for the sake of staying busy. My house is in a perpetual state of chaos these days so I have plenty to do for sure! I have been enjoying putting together a Santa sack for a little boy who stays with his grandma down the street. Big lawn bag with bright ribbons tied around the neck and stuffed with a bunch of odds and ends designed to push the imagination....like some kitchen utensils with a tag that says "Dirt Works".

But now I'm tired and simply because it is Christmas Eve I am going to brew a cup of herbal tea and grab the book I'm reading (psychological thriller The Fifth to Die by JD Barker) then curl up in bed with the dogs for an hour or five.

Happy Holidays to you all! I hope your days are filled with laughter and joy shared with those you love most. And wishes for all the best in 2024 to you and yours.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Merry Christmas!!!

Oh Les and Lori, how good to see you here. It cheers my heart so much as I greet this Christmas morning myself!

Sending much love and many blessings to you both! ❤️❤️

Welp, it feels to me as though this year’s winter holiday season has flown by! But here we are, already greeting another brand new year. Historically, I try to hold onto my Christmas tree for at least a few days after January 1st. The sparkling lights so brighten up the early winter nights. But for some reason my sweet little tree this year just didn’t drink any water, so it’s a bit of a fir mummy at this point. Off came the ornaments today, and it’ll soon be turned into mulch for a garden or to add to the path of a trail. Right at this moment, though, I’m being treated to a stellar pink winter sunset, so Mother Nature is brightening the onset of the evening for me tonight.

Anyway, as always, thanks to all who stopped in at our 2023 Holiday House! And I send my very best wishes for a safe and satisfying new year for all our family.

Take care, all, until our Holiday House reopens once again ;-)))
    Marianne