Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Corky with Lots of Love

Default Re: Remembering Corky with Lots of Love

Happy Birthday, sweet Corky.

Remembering you today and always with love.

Sending huge and loving hugs to you, Terri.

I know Corky is thanking you for the birthday wishes. Thank you for the hugs.

Bostons hold a special place in my heart, Leslie. Corky was very special. I know things get easier as time goes on. I have one more major hurdle to jump.

I'm glad the Corkster still makes you smile, John. It must be the sweet smile on his face.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

Belated Birthday Wishes to Corky!!

I hope you are doing well!!! Miss you!!!

(((HUGS)))
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

Happy birthday Corky!! Much love being sent your and Terri's way.

Jane, Franklin and Angel Bailey xxx
    Last edited by Franklin'sMum; 07-07-2012 at 12:31 AM.

It's a year ago today that Corky went to a better place. As I'm writing this, the tears are streaming down my face.

Even though much of that day is a blur, some things are still so vivid in my mind. As I was petting Corky and talking to him, and giving him lots of hugs and kisses, he tried to stand up on my lap, but he quickly put his little head back on my arm. A little while later, he tried to stand up again. His face was so close to mine, as if he was trying to give me a last kiss, but he couldn't do it. He put his head back on my arm and looked up at me. I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was asking me to help him. He was asking me to let him go, to set him free. When I told Dr. H it was time, she asked me if I was sure. I told her that I was sure for Corky, but not for me.

I finally went to see Dr. H a couple of weeks ago. She told me that our furbabies let us know when it was time, and that Corky was ready.

I was very blessed to have had Corky in my life for so many years. Even in spite of all of Corky's medical issues, he surpassed his expected life span. He had a good quality of life up until the end.

I added a few more pictures. One of them is a special poem that a friend posted on FB.

I want to thank everyone again for all of your help and support. You will always hold a special place in my heart.
    Love and hugs,

Terri and (Angel) Corky

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Dearest Terri,

My (((((hugs))))) are coming your way. I know little Corky is with you today and always. The dignity of your boy along with the amazing life memories hopefully will let you smile a bit through the tears. He is an amazing dog and you are an amazing Mom.

We will always remember your boy
    Terry

Hi Terri,

The pics are great and I love the poem. Corky was a handsome fellow and you can see the TLC he got every day of his life.

I know you have missed Corky terribly and have struggled to make a life without him. But I also know you are doing just that now - getting out and living and loving life, finding new interests and friends. I know Corky is so very proud of his mom and continues to watch over her with such love. He simply could not have had a better mom or friend than he had in you.

Today is one of those "firsts" we all have to face at some point...and the "firsts" are so very difficult. All the memories come flooding back, good and bad, bringing with them the emotions that are once again fresh. Please be extra good to yourself today, grieve as you need, and remember you are not alone, not ever alone.

Much love and many hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

my dearest big sis and special friend,

I am remembering our precious little boy and you today and honoring the special bond between you, the wonderful life you gave each other. it is beyond words.

I love you both with all my heart, and think of you very often and fondly--you are both my forever treasured family.

Tight hugs to you today mostly, and always, and hope its an all pizza, arbys, steak, twizzlers day in remembering Corky.

Xoxo Jeanette and your sweet niece Princess and family

My dearest friend, Terri,

Thinking of you and our sweet Corky today, sending tons of loving and huge hugs, Lori

I remember when I lost Mira and I was so upset over all the things that followed it. Then Leslie put a name to it. Just as she did above. It's hard I know. All these "firsts". The second anniversary of my Mira's death is about six weeks away. I've thought of it many times. And I know it will be a sad day. But I don't fear it as much as I did the first time around. I'm glad you came here to share your hurts with us. Putting it on paper and knowing someone else knows what your feeling... helps a lot.
    Last edited by Altira; 10-28-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Janis
    My avatar is a picture of Elly at age 7.