Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When your loved dog passes, remember the rescue organizations

Default Re: When your loved dog passes, remember the rescue organizations

Hi MJ,
    Rusty has touched our lives and is still influencing us. As you may or may not know, I am a mobile groomer and I do alot of volunteer grooming at our local rescue (Furry Friends) This afternoon I stopped by to do some free grooming and usually I tell them to give me the ones who need it the most. Today, I asked them to give me Boogie in memory of Rusty. Boogie is a 14 year old Cocker that will probably spend the rest of his days at the rescue. We thought he found a forever home but he was returned because he drinks too much water (can you believe that!)

Anyway, Boogie recieved a good massage bath, facial scrub and paw moisturizing treatment, and nail trim today along with a summer trim to keep him comfortable in Rusy's memory.

Godspeed to you Rusty.
    John (Roxee's Dad)

Default Re: When your loved dog passes, remember the rescue organizations

Bless you, John, you made me cry. I know Boogie must have enjoyed his spa treatment! I know Rusty always enjoyed his - all but the "are you really sure I have to get wet?" part.

You have a large heart. People like you make the world a wonderful place. I know Rusty would have loved to have you groom him!

Hmmm, sounds as though Boogie might be on his way to being a Cush pup??? Increased thirst is the first sign I saw in Rusty.

Thanks for honoring Rusty; thanks for sharing yourself to a rescue cocker; and just thanks for being so darned nice!

MJ