Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Marianne

Default To Marianne

Well, my friend....here we are again...another anniversary.

I hope you and the girls are doing well. Jolly and Annabel and I are doing fine. I finally (after 2 years and 8 months) sold the house in Anderson, so we are here at the lake for good. It was harder and more painful than I thought it would be, but it is over now and we are going on with our new life. I know my Maggie would have loved it here....if only.....

We are thinking of you and your sweet Barkis today....remembering and sending you much love and many hugs.

Love,
    Jeanie

Default Re: To Marianne

Oh my dear friend, thank you so much for your note today. Can you believe it has been seven years???

I am so glad to hear that you and the girls are settled in at the lake. I can imagine how hard it was to leave the house. But you will carry your memories with you wherever you go, so the house will never be totally lost to you and it will always remain a home in your heart.

This has been a challenging year for us so far. My older girl, Peg, will be seven next month. She was born just one month after Barkis died. Unfortunately, she started having seizures after the first of the year. We have not uncovered a cause but she has responded well to phenobarb treatment. But also since that time, it has seemed like a non-stop series of issues. The worst was an acute pancreatitis attack in June, and she is now having GI problems again. She has lost a fair amount of weight, and also a lot of her coat. But she remains my brave, steady girl. And we hope that things will soon settle down. Having gone through all our pain with Barkis, it is hard not to feel scared sometimes. But I'm sure he is watching over his little sister, and will help us with whatever the future holds.

Baby Luna will soon be three. And aside from limping every once in a while for reasons also unknown, she is a ball of fire and a love-bug. She follows me everywhere I go, although she is thrilled if the "following" involves heading out to the yard to run around with her ball.

As always on this day, though, my thoughts return to Barkis. My dear, sweet boy. We will always love him and remember him and miss him. Thank you again, Jeanie. It always means so much to me to talk with you. Big hugs to you and the girls. And today and everyday, in honor of Barkis and Maggie and all the other loved ones...

We held them in our arms for as long as we could. Now we will hold them in our hearts forever.

Marianne

Marianne -

Thinking of you as well today. As you know, I joined not long after Barkis crossed the bridge but I always felt like I knew him. And to think that Peg is almost 7 now!! That's so hard to believe because I remember when you first got her. I'm sorry to hear she's having some problems now. Glad the phenobarb helps as seizures are not fun.

How time flies and yet the memories linger on in our hearts. The pain softens but there are always those moments that catch us off-guard. Little things and unexpected things that can start the tears rolling. I don't come on K9c too much these days as it brings back so many memories of Zoe -- and then it also saddens me to see who else is going thru a recent loss. Sending hugs your way today. Sue

You honor Barkis with every keystroke here. You hold us up when we can't stand on our own, you teach us what we need to know to help our babies, you help maintain the very foundation of this site where kindred souls can gather - you do this and much more out of the love you have for your Bestest Boy. Barkis lives on, even in those of us who never got to meet him, because of you.

With love,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Marianne, I agree with what Leslie has so beautifully and eloquently written.

In Loving Memory Of Barkis.

With much love and hugs,
    Lori

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

(((((hugs))))) Marianne

T.xxx

In Honor of Barkis...

Oh Marianne, if not for you and the others I would not have made it thru the trying times with Maddie. You were always there to give the advice I needed. Thank you!!

Leslie has a way with words and I so agree with what she said. I too wish I could have known Barkis, but we came after...

Best to you always!!! Big (((Hugs)))
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

"Copy and paste" all that Leslie said. You're the best Marianne. You helped me get through the darkest of hours (Dang! I can hardly type through the tears--I am so grateful). Thanks for helping me heal. I don't know what I would have done without this forum to help me through the gut-wrenching, heartbreaking grief of losing my sweet Timmy to Cushings.

Lots of hugs,

Kathleen

p.s. Timmy sent me an angel in Oliver (my new westie puppy). He's a real "loverboy." He loves cuddling on the couch with me (just like Timmy) and he loves showering his mom with kisses. And wouldn't you know, his favorite toys are Timmy's furry squeaky rubber balls. I will add a picture of Oliver to Timmy's album tonight!

Marianne thank you for being you ) Dear Barkis I never knew you but I feel like I know you through your mom. She loves you dearly and I know you watch over her.

Love and many hugs,
    Ellen, Sweet Angel Casey, Desi and Oreo

Marianne - LOVE you.

Lynne, Angel Bailey and Angel Clyde