Thread: Checking in for August 2011

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for August 2011

Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for August 2011

Hi, all.

I can't believe almost 4 months have passed since we lost Aleah. I haven't been here much in the meantime, but life moves forward. I thought I'd drop by and introduce our new family member, Lexi, who we adopted about a month ago.

Lexi was picked up as a stray in Texas, and is thought to be a Sheltie/Aussie mix. Someone had written "LEXI FIND ME A GOOD HOME" on her collar and abandoned her. Despite her alleged high-energy heritage she's a calm and affectionate animal who's happy to meet both people and other dogs. A Wisconsin rescue group fostered her and placed her on PetFinder.com, and she won us over the first time we met her. She's a couple years old and in excellent health. She's got a little bunny-puff of a bobtail that wiggles like mad when she's excited, and she's becoming more confident by the day.

Losing a much-loved companion to illness is hard, but I feel like we're honoring Aleah, in a way, by applying everything she taught us to giving another dog a chance at a happy life.

All the best to you and your pups,
    Dave

Photos of Lexi and Aleah: http://gallery.me.com/ruske

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh Dave,

Lexi is beautiful, thank you for posting this. I am sure Aleah is very happy to see another pup given a wonderful home with so much love.

(Oh, I know about that Aussie wiggle for sure)

Please start a photo album and post more photos.
    Terry

Hi Dave,

Lexi is beautiful! I know she is so happy to have you and your wife as her family...you can see it in her eyes!

Along with that album, I hope you start a thread for Lexi in Everything Else so we can keep up with the adventures I just know are in store for all.

I am so happy for you and your family....and for Lexi most of all!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Dave,

What a wonderful tribute to Aleah, finding Lexi and providing a loving, perfect home for her. I think of you whenever I am driving in your neck of the woods and am so glad you checked in.

Welcome Home Lexi!!!!!!!!

hugs,
    Addy

Just checking in ..Natcho & Lara are getting along fine ...
    Natchos back legs are getting stronger after her cruciate repairs ..
    Lara gives Natcho a reason to wonder around a bit more , so funny together ,
    god bless all your pups ..Catherine ..