Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Darcy . Has arrived

Default Re: Darcy . Has arrived

UPDATE ON DARCY
    Just to let you know Darcy in the vets for the day for stitches because his wound's are very very deep, The vet said that it may work or may not, because they are so deep, but for Darcy it's to stitch them up s he is getting stressed with them
    Julie

Sending healing thoughts for Darcy. That is absolutely horrible what you and Darcy had to face. If your laws are too lenient on having dogs under control when they are out, then maybe someone needs to step up and have that changed. We too have been a victim of dog attacks. 2 times with my poodle and once with my daughter when she was 5 and we have tough leash laws.
    I hope Darcy feels better soon and once again able to go on those special walks without the fear of another dog attacking.
    Belinda Creel,
    Mom of Angel Bo, My Little Latte and now our newest Toby.

Just to give the latest on Darcy.
    The vet has not long called and said i can collect to say i can collect Darcy after 5pm , She said that she has put alot of stitches deep in the wound aand also stitched the outer skin , the vet also said she thought the stitches would break up because when Darcy walks it keep's tearing it even more, she said that she's done all she can for now, But has to go back and see her on monday, When i came home from the vets i said to mum that i have a feeling there are going to be alot of trips to the vets with injuries
    Julie

Darcy has been back to the vets today

My vet is very happy with the way thing's are going she said that it looks better than she thought it was going to do.
    Although some of the stitches have breaken down on the outer side all the stitches on the inside are holding very well,
    He has to go back to the vets on friday for a recheck and to have the remaining stitches taken out ,
    It has stopped Darcy playing with other dogs he can't wait to play with other dogs, And it really takes his mind of the wounds

Julie

Hi Julie,

I am glad the wounds are healing tho I wish the stitch problem wasn't happening. Sometimes the location of the wounds makes it hard for the stitches to hold well. I hope he continues to heal just fine and is soon back to his usual self.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

UPDATE ON DARCY,

I'm just letting you know the latest with Darcy ,He's doing extremely well Darcy has been back to the vets 3 times since he had the stitches put in , Today Darcy had the stitches out, My vet is very happy with the way it is healing , Darcy is to go back to the vets next friday and this should be his last visit,
    I'm now changing Darcy food to Royal Canin Cocker Spaniel, as this has everything he needs for his breed,
    On a sad note there have there have been quite a few more dog attacks , since Darcy was Attacked ,
    Darcy is not frighten of other dogs at all mainly because heis a friendly chap and he didn't see the dog that attacked him , but if he knows theres is a dog walking behind he doesn't like that at all and becomes very agitated and nervous but i don't make it problem we just carry on with some reassurance, but when dog has overtaken us he's happy and greets the other dog,
    Julie

Hi Julie,

Glad to hear that Darcy is healing good and the vet is pleased with his progress! If I were Darcy, I would be a bit nervous with another pup coming up behind me after that attack, too. Bless his heart. It's good that he doesn't seem to have become overly anxious about it and is still greeting them in a friendly manner once they are in view.

Is it the same dog that attacked Darcy that has attacked the others recently? If so, surely something could be done about the situation if all the owners got together. I hope no children are hurt by whoever is doing this and that it stops SOON.

Thanks for letting us know how he is coming along and I hope he gets the all clear from his vet on his next visit!
    Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi
    Darcy is doing alot better now , although there is NO hair growing on the actual scar of his dog bites But is fur is growing long and over if that makes sense . He can be a little tender round there scar but it was quite deep and Nasty .
    I'm the only person that still has Darcy from leaving his breeder as the rest of his Littermate's have been rehomed twice since they were 8weeks old. Darcy is now 17month's old. When we are out walking there is another Chocolate Cocker Spaniel (working type) that looks like Darcy and When they see each other they look as though they know each other but i never seen this person or the Dog before, (AS MY SISTER GOT ME DARCY AS A LATE BIRTHDAY PRESENT.) But i think they are Brothers , Because this othe dog doesn't normally go to other dog's but he is really eager to get to Darcy.
    I HAVE A QUESTION .
    Does anyone know if you are allowed to give GARLIC to a Dog' because Darcy keeps running of with a Clove , Some has said it's a nautral flea repellant but i do not because Pip never eat Garlic.
    Julie

Hi Julie,

I'm glad Darcy is healing up well. It very well may be that Darcy's look alike is Darcy's sibling. I have noticed that some breeds seem to identify with and are more likely to readily socialize with a dog of the same breeding so if he isn't related to Darby, they may still feel a connection.

With respect to your question about garlic, Mike Richards, DVM of vetinfo.com advises that garlic is a member of the onion family, high in sulfur, and given in long term can cause anemic reaction and severe bleeding in dogs, especially small dogs and cats. However, small amounts used in cooking and flea medications do not seem to cause a problem. There has been one study done on dogs given garlic and those that received a measured amount for seven days did have changes in bloodwork commonly seen in anemia but none of the dogs developed it. This study was only done for seven days so long term feeding may have yielded worse resullts. If I were you, I would be careful about letting Darcy find loose cloves of garlic on the floor.

Glynda

Hi Glynda,
    Thank you very much for replying about the Garlic. I have done a lot of Research and agre with you about the garlic it is very toxic to dog's although i did pet's shop's sell Garlic tablets for dog's it really depend's on your view's and i would never give Darcy anything that would harm him .
    Thank you again
    Julie