Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: Darcy . Has arrived

Default Re: Darcy . Has arrived

Thank you for your help and advice regarding my problem with Darcy.
    Sorry i didn't explian myself very well regarding Darcy eating habits as a puppy ,Darcy only eat every 3 days he has never been a big eater and if he had a raw hide chew he wouldn't eat any dog food at all.
    I've put some pictures of Darcy in an album i will explain the photos a little later
    THERE ARE A FEW PICTURES OF A VERY SPECIAL BOY THEY WERE THE LAST PHOTOS OF HIM I DO HAVE SOME ON THE DAY PIP DIED BUT I'VE NOT PUT THEM ON .
    Julie

AWWWWWW...Julie, I've just been to your album and am so touched to see your photos of Pip. What a dear, sweet, golden boy -- we shall never, ever forget him!!

And Darcy is such a handsome guy.

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. It is always so good to hear from you, and so special to see your boys.

Sending many hugs your way,
    Marianne

HI

I thought i would just let you know Darcy was attacked this morning by either An Amercian bulldog , or Amercian bulldog x staffie he has some horrfic wounds
    Darcy was on the lead the other dog wasn't it came from no where and the dog wasn't listening to the owner, so to get it of Darcy he was punching his dog in the face , which was of course making his dog ripped at Darcy even more,
    Took Darcy to the vets he's had them flushed out had pain relief and ant biotic injections, has anti boitic and pain relief tablets to start tomorrow, has to go back on friday and they will stitch it up ,
    i will let you know how things go,
    Julie
    Last edited by JHP; 09-04-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Oh Julie, I am horrified to read your post!!!

Poor, poor Darcy! And what a nightmare for you to see him attacked right in front of your eyes!

I'm thinking that Pip was also attacked in the past, too. How awful for you. Where are Darcy's wounds? Do the vets think they will be able to close them up alright?

I hope the other dog's owner will be paying the bills!! It is really all that other owner's fault. That dog should never have been put in a situation where it could run free and attack. I get so mad at people sometimes that I can hardly bear it!!

Marianne

Oh, Julie, I am so sorry, and horrified, to read this! I so hope Darcy will be just fine. And I am ever so grateful you weren't hurt as well. How are you doing? That had to be a terrible thing to witness.

Marianne is exactly right - the owner should be paying any and all bills that result from this, as well as a hefty fine. Please do stay in touch and let us know how Darcy is doing?

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Julie, How horrible! Sending love and lot of healing to both you and Darcy. Yes - please make them pay the bills for you... how awful. Prayers, Kim

Hi sweetie,

It's morning here and I wanted to see how you and Darcy are feeling? I hope you both have been able to calm down a bit and that you aren't too sore today.

Hugs,
    Leslie and the gang
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Julie, what a nightmare to have your dog attacked right in front of you! I am so, so sorry this had to happen to you and Darcy... I sure hope Darcy will come out of this ordeal with not too much mental "injuries" and that all his physical injuries will cure without too many problems.
    Did you file charges at the police against the owner? I know I would...to protect all other dogs and my own from other attacks in the future. And to make him pay for Darcy's medical bills.

Wishing the both of you all our best,

Saskia and Mhina.

That is absolutely horrible! I hope Darcy is going to be alright. I dread seeing dogs off leash. It just scares the bejeebes out of me. They can either end up going after another dog or child, or they could see something, get excited and run into the street. Either way it's not good.

Sending all the positive vibes I can Darcy's way.

hugs,
    Sharlene
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Thank you for your repliesit's very kind of you to post a reply,
    Darcy has had a couple of restless night's but he's ok, it's not frighten him at all of other dog's i walk him round the block and he wag's his tail and want's to play, when other dogs go near his back and side he curls his tail so he's protecting it from being hurt anymore, he fell this morning trying to get to the water bowl which he has opened more then it was , we think he needs stitches but i'm not sure if they will just have to wait and see ,
    Darcy was on the lead , the other dog was not, i have reported it to the police but our laws are very different from your's , They just class as a fight because that's what dogs do, even though Darcy did not touch him the other dog,
    Yes you are right that Pip had attacked before 6 or 7 times.
    Darcy and myself had only just crossed the carpark on our street and there was nobody around and then it appeared from nowhere,
    I went to the pet shop to get the Knog Cloud ,( infatable collar) because he had learnt like Pip did that banging the Lampshade collar on the floor would move the collar lower down his neck so he could get to the injuries, i could do that one up anymore as it would of been to tight.
    I fine just have a massive bruise on my hand and top of my shoulder were i was trying to get Darcy away from that other dog, i got Darcy lead as short as possible and the force of the dog pulling Darcy has bruised my hand,
    I'll let you know how thing's go tomoorow at the vets
    Julie