Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Internet Archives

Default Re: Internet Archives

Ok, tell a techno idiot how ya'll are finding these pages and I will help in the search.

It doesn't look like there is anything more than the first page of any thread cached - or am I missing something?

A

Quote Originally Posted by AlisonandMia View Post
    It doesn't look like there is anything more than the first page of any thread cached - or am I missing something?

A
    A,

I searched and first found the name of the original thread, which in this instance was Zoe's Story (treatment with trilostane). Then I typed in caninecushings + Zoe's Story (treatment with trilostane). There will be "another" link somewhere to search for similar findings which were omitted from the original search. This one bring up lots of pages, not only for Zoe but for many others.

Some pages are cached and some are not and nothing is in order. There are several missing pages and gaps. So far I have found 84 different links/pages to Sue/Zoe's thread from 4-10-06 to 3-01-09.

L

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyMunchie View Post
    I searched and first found the name of the original thread, which in this instance was Zoe's Story (treatment with trilostane). Then I typed in caninecushings + Zoe's Story (treatment with trilostane). Some pages are cached and some are not and nothing is in order. There are several missing pages and gaps. So far I have found 84 different links/pages to Sue/Zoe's thread from 4-10-06 to 3-01-09. ]

L
    I just saw this note of yours, Louise. OK, so I tried the what you said - thinking maybe I'd try to save Zoe's entire story - or what there was left of it. I typed in what you said, and the first two hits were obviously about my Zoe. I then figured out I have to click on "cached" - but then I can only get to one pg. (pg 3). Is there a quick way to get all the pages that are cached. Because if I click on the other page numbers at the bottom of that page 3, I'm tossed back to the stupid search portal thing. I sure would like to save Zoe's story for my own reference, since I stopped keeping a journal ages ago. THat 84 pages is probably about half of Zoe's saga.....Thanks. Sue/Zo

Hi All,
    Doesn't always work but this is what I've been doing. Seems to depend on googles mood for the day or hour of the day.

Yes it only the first page of the thread but if we find enough, we cann put the story together maybe even find a hint on how to contact that member.

John (Roxee's Dad)

Had another brain farX. If you go to google search and type in "canine cushings forum" and search.

Then find a result that leads to caninecushings.net
    Click on "similiar pages", then start checking the different results (all should be from the cc.net site.) (not always)

Then check on "cached" and the cc.net page for that thread will come up (snapshot taken early April 2009).

I've been checking hoping to find someone who may have put their e-mail in one of the threads. There are many to search. Also found the document for acth testing.

John

Quote Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
    I just saw this note of yours, Louise. OK, so I tried the what you said - thinking maybe I'd try to save Zoe's entire story - or what there was left of it. I typed in what you said, and the first two hits were obviously about my Zoe. I then figured out I have to click on "cached" - but then I can only get to one pg. (pg 3). Is there a quick way to get all the pages that are cached. Because if I click on the other page numbers at the bottom of that page 3, I'm tossed back to the stupid search portal thing. I sure would like to save Zoe's story for my own reference, since I stopped keeping a journal ages ago. THat 84 pages is probably about half of Zoe's saga.....Thanks. Sue/Zo
    Sue,

I'll see if I can retrace my steps and double check my instructions. I had to go through each and every single page and check everything that was cached (and I'm still not through). I did save all the links and have them in order by date in a text file. I'll see if I can PM you the links.

Louise

Hi Sue,
    do you have this link?
    http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    John

Thanks John - that is the link to the one page I was able to get to. Louise just sent me links for all the other Zoe pages she's found, so at least I have those. Hopefully, I can find the others that are cached and put Zoe's epic back together!! Sue

PS - I also just noticed that Zoes' thread title (at the top) is the same as it last was at cc.net. But in looking at the individual posts on Zoe's page 3, it has the original title of her thread.....i.e. Zoe's troubles with trilostane. After things settled down, we changed her thread title. Guess the old title shows up because these are copies of the pages as they were cached long ago? Maybe??

Old titles show at the tops of individual posts as they were at the time of posting. The title that shows up on the first post in the thread will, however, always change to show the latest title of the thread while all other post titles remain as posted - if that makes sense.

Alison