Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Miss Ella Has Arrived

Default Re: Miss Ella Has Arrived

I finally posted pics of my little never sits still furbaby!
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella

Marie she is beautiful. Ella is a big girl now. How she has matured into such a lovely lass is just a sight to see though she always was good looking.

That beautiful coat must mean no more allergy stuff going on and no bad poos. Glad to see that is all solved.

She looks so happy, Marie and you must be as well.

How are things going for you? I was thinking of you the other day because we stopped at a dog event in town. It was a mob scene, so many people and dogs, I was amazed at the turn out. The one thing I noticed was no doggie ice cream treat truck!!!

and I thought of you and now here you are
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on how beautiful Ella looks. We still have allergy problems or maybe it's just OCD with her about her front paws and chewing in general. She had to have a hot spot shaved on her right side earlier this year-it seemed like it took forever to grow back. I think it took longer because it was so visible. The one thing she liked from having the hot spot was I took one of my old t-shirts that had a lacy look to it and she just loved wearing it--silly dog.

She does have a beautiful, oh so soft coat-always has since she was a puppy. Maddie's was a lot coarser.

Since I switched to the kangaroo maybe two years ago her poop has been great. It's when she gets into food she isn't suppose to have that we have problems. Once she had treats from my sister on a Sunday and I gave her something different on a Thursday of that week (not sure what did it to her) and she ended up with bloody stools-trip to vet and a cortisone shot and antibiotics. Who knows sometimes what causes issues; pretty much she's good to go because I have to watch her.

She is an opportunist and strikes when you don't expect it. At one trial she got into a friends stash of chicken and cheese in a ziplock bag and downed everything bag and all. I had to go to the store before we ran our turn and get hydrogen peroxide and vegetable broth to get her to throw up. Of course she wouldn't drink it so between my sister giving her treats in the bowl of stuff I would scoop it up with the liquid. She finally threw up and poop at the same time- what a mess to clean up. I guess it all worked out because she got two blue ribbons and qualified in both her runs. Everyone said I should make her throw up everytime she's suppose to run.

The next day before we ran (it was a two day event) she decided she was going to lunge at a guy with a hat on--ended up lunging at two more people so I got talked to by the head trial person to be careful of her because I don't want her labelled a reactive dog at trials or even be band from AKC trials. So now I have to be very careful with her at trials so she doesn't react to people. I knew she has that tendency, but thought she had grown out of it mostly--guess not. My sister's dog is reactive so she tells me how to handle her differently at trials. I'm also reading a book on reactive dogs.

Let's just go with Ella is a chore to be with-never a dull moment. I want the pleasure part I use to have with Maddie. I see moments of pleasure as Ella matures and I suspect I need a couple more years till it's mostly pleasure and some small parts that are chores. I've been told Ella makes me a better trainer because she puts me through the ropes of all kinds of situations. Even my husband said Ella's a lot of work when he takes her on runs. Ella beats to her own drummer and comes when she is finished with her checking things out on the trail.

Oh the stories I could tell.....

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!
    Marie, My Angel Girl Maddie, and Now Miss Ella