Page 76 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Alivia was recently diagnosed with Cushing's - Alivia has passed

Default Re: Alivia was recently diagnosed with Cushing's - Alivia has passed

Hello, everyone! Thanks for the good wishes. Trish, never heard the saying "box of birds", but I LOVE it! Of course, I am assuming that it is a good thing! I actually have 3 birds, but they are in a CAGE!

As per usual, nothing with me is ever simple or easy. I had my knee replaced on 6/26. I had a lot of nausea following the surgery and they had an extremely difficult time getting my pain under control. I developed some pneumonia and they couldn't get my oxygen levels to remain up in the normal ranges. They sent me home on Monday on oxygen 24/7!!! Tuesday, I was back in the hospital being tested for blood clots, due to pain, swelling and discoloration. That was negative. Saw the ortho on Wednesday. He said it was a very difficult surgery (due to prior injuries and surgeries) and that he was glad he didn't have to do it in his first decade of practice! But, on the plus side, he expects that I will have a very good result. I have a lot of swelling and still a lot of pain (taking Dilaudid and Oxycontin so I remain somewhat in la-la land), graduated from a walker to a cane. I have home health nurses twice a week, home PT 3x week, OT once a week. I see the ortho again on Tuesday and will probably have the million staples removed

Max has been an absolute angel. He was good for my sister and brother-in-law but they said they could tell he was really confused and worried. I thought he would sleep with them, but they said he slept under the covers in my bed every night. He has been the best snuggle buddy ever, since I've been home! He is always right by me.

Well, back to the couch and my ice pack. Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts. Love you all!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

Thank you for coming to tell us you are ok, you know what worry warts we are!!!

Hopefully everything will improve and the worst is over. So glad Maxwell is being supportive Ahhh the healing power of a snuggle bunny pup

Mary Beth, you so deserve a break now. I am rooting for your PT to go well!!!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Yay! Glad the surgery is over and you are on the road to recovery land vs la la land That's great news. I hope this one does the trick and no more surgeries needed. Ever! LOL

Thanks for updating us worry warts.

hugs
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh my gosh, that does sound a bit of a rocky recovery. Hope your breathing has come right Mary Beth! Great you have all that support at home. Awww isn't that Max just a sweet pea, snuggling up with you. I bet he is the best medicine of all! Look after yourself, take your pain meds and keep getting better!! xx
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

I am so glad to read you are on "the other side" of your knee surgery. I've never heard about anyone being allergic to nickel knee implants. I am SO glad you straightened that out beforehand. I am glad recovery is settling down a little bit and know you are happy to get staples out, as that puts you that much closer to being able to shower. I always feel so much better when I'm freshened up.

Hugs to you and Max. ( my "x " on my keyboard has gone AWOL and I have to count on spell check to be able to get an "x" to print out. Fortunately "x" isn't one key that is used real often!!)
    -Susan
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

Mary Beth,
    I cringed reading your post. Having seen my father through both knees, rotator cuff, several back surgeries - I remember the pain and how badly I felt for him.

Good boy Max!!!! They do know when something is wrong. Both cats watched me like a hawk after Daisy passed and Gracie still does. Our babies are more comfort than other humans because they are truly selfless.

Now that you're body isn't fighting other infections, hoping that the recovery process will get easier.
    Valerie

//^ ^\\ //^^\\
    (/(_•_)\) (/(_ "_)\)
    /''*''\ / "*"\
    (,,,)^(,,,)​ (,,,,)^(,,,,)
    ❤ ♥
    Daisy Bella

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dog's eyes." - Author Unknown

I am having a much harder time recovering from this than I'd hoped. I can't even tell you how many times my pain meds have been adjusted/increased/changed and still do not have a handle on the pain. After over 3 weeks, I am finally just starting to be able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time. My pain level is pretty high - much higher than I anticipated. I still have a home nurse that comes and in-home PT 3 times per week. The PT is grueling, but they say I am doing well.

Maxwell has been an absolute angel. He has never liked strangers (especially men) coming into the house, but he has been a perfect gentleman with all of the healthcare people coming in and out. It is like he knows they are there to help. He is always right by me and as has been such a tremendous comfort throughout this ordeal. Love my little old man dog so much!
    Best,

Mary Beth and Alivia

Oh Mary Beth, I do hope this healing recovery starts to get much easier for you.

Maxwell is a dear. He is so good and brave with all the people coming in and out.

Sending you tons of hugs and support,
    Sharlene and molly muffin
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh Mary Beth, I hope things improve and your pain can be managed well. It is so important to have your pain under control before you have to do PT. I am so sorry it has been so hard for you. You need a break!!!

Maxwell is one smart boy. He knows when mama needs help. I am so happy you have him. Our boys are so dear to us both. I think they both are coming out of their shells, in a way,coming into their own.

Please keep us updated. I wait for your updates so I know you are ok.

Soon this will all be a memory and you and Maxwell will be strolling around the block!!!

Much love and many, many hugs!!
    love,
    addy, zoe and koko

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet. ~Edith Wharton

Memory is the power to gather roses in the winter

Praying for your recovery. Maxwell what an Angel.
    Sonja and Angel Apollo